Should we have a health/medical forum? - Page 3 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
View Poll Results: Should we have a health/medical forum?
Yes 16 48.48%
No 17 51.52%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2005, 06:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car:
Mods:
The_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapy
hey, you guys are the mods... apparently the general public has no say in what they deem a good 'IDEA', although some of the points on behalf of not creating a health related forum don't really have validation. yes, there are people who would get in the forum and say stupid stuff, but that occurs as it is now, and most of the threads and posts are all threads and posts of this word here... "REPOST" haha

where are you getting 10%? I have seen more than 100 people in OT at one time. Just the other day it was like 130+ people in it when I logged in, I am sure there are tons more than one might think that lurk through. You know people will click on links to find out. it's like me, i don't do anime, so I don't regularly click on it, nor RC, but I have been in there and I have posted there before. Everyone has health issues, etc.

As for the posts I mentioned above, each one of those would be considered health. Health is NOT limited to medical. Health is a as defined by webster "soundness of body and mind", "any physical condition or subject dealing with the body". so hair removal is considered a health topic.

as far as getting help or answered, how does that even make sense? everyone of those threads i mentioned previous has been answered or help given. obviously if someone has a serious problem they wouldn't be online looking for answers or advice on any site webmd or SHO in the first place. if someone takes the advice given, and it's wrong then they still have a problem, but advice can be wrong everywhere even at the doctors office. but what if the advice suggested works?

as far as counting, that was to prove a point (posting those threads links) because those were the number of threads i noticed browsing the OT forum a few pages. That was my rebuttal to there being maybe 20 a year.

BTW, the votes are split, people will want what they want.
Truth, justice, and the american way... :clap
Those who voted no must be conservatives... damn republicans! haha :evil
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2005, 09:29 AM   #32 (permalink)
Black Hole

Car: 2001 PRELUDE 5spd
Mods: Short Ram Intake, Neuspeed Sport Springs, LEAN true short shifter, VAFC, VIS oem style cf hood
5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?5genlude you're still here?
Lol, ok man

first, mods cant create shit dealing with the board, only admins and owner. its up to them

and its not like only the mods are saying no....and ricky/eyecue is far from republican, so am i, hell im palestinian, u think i love bush?

lol, 10% is an estimate, because all the times i've checked o/t and checked the entire board's attendance o/t has the least people.

im serious, check it out sometime....you'll see less than 40% of people are vewiing o/t and alot of them dont even post in o/t

my main problem is the amount of forums, i think it needs to be cut down, for better browsing, and better site efficeincy. If it helps people, cool good for that, but i just don't see it being a good idea at the moment, maybe later. Who knows maybe mike_sho will be like, 5genlude is totally wrong, so are the 11people that voted no, time to create another forum, and bam god will create another area for us sho'ers...
im just merely stating my opinion on why it wouldn't be the best thing now.
Old 03-02-2005, 10:09 AM   #33 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car:
Mods:
The_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapyThe_Producer needs rep therapy
calm down.... im just debating. don't take it personally. breeeeathe!!!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:32 PM   #34 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car:
Mods:
Should we have a HEALTH section??

Yes it's good ole me again saying we should have a medical/health related forum area.

Since the last time I posted this the main argument of "no one posts medical stuff" got blown out of the water ... again. There is a ton of medical and health related questions floating around. I still think it would be wise to have a nice medical related section. I am sure all those who agree'd last time would still agree.

Those worried about giving out "bad" advice and everything, think of all the great advice/questions being asked in the LAW section. "can I kill someone?" hahaha

I think we should....
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #35 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?
No. If you have a health problem you should go to the DR.

Even real health related websites and forums with REAL DRs tell people to GO TO THE FUCKING DOCTOR!
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #36 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!misterjover Um, 1 million? Damn!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcaseanova
Yes it's good ole me again saying we should have a medical/health related forum area.

Since the last time I posted this the main argument of "no one posts medical stuff" got blown out of the water ... again. There is a ton of medical and health related questions floating around. I still think it would be wise to have a nice medical related section. I am sure all those who agree'd last time would still agree.

Those worried about giving out "bad" advice and everything, think of all the great advice/questions being asked in the LAW section. "can I kill someone?" hahaha

I think we should....

Good suggestion. Usually I go to other boards for that since there are medical professionals who host these.

However, as we all continue to grow, graduate, and progress in our professions, it would probably be a good thing to have a health section since there will eventually be a handfull of experts willing to give solid advice on health-related topics.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car:
Mods:
https://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=212607

here is another thread on topic
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #38 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: 2000 Honda Prelude Type SH
Mods:
MacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond reputeMacTown has a reputation beyond repute
WOuld be great place for any hypochondriacs around here!!!

2000 Prelude Type SH / JDM Type S Swap / Hondata S100
2008 Honda Ruckus
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Dark Wind

Car:
Mods:
btw, i am not suggesting for people to get help from here, but there are times when people dont NEED a doctors visit for how to cure sprains, aches, etc. and many other things that people talk about. "oh my wisdom teeth are coming out, what should i expect?" type questions...

there are thousands of people who have had related experiences i think it would clear up clutter in the off-topic lounge and section these questions to another area. just like the law enforcement section is doing. which is a good idea btw, i think it's time to go to the other side. now that we have kids getting 'kill ur neighbor for touching your car, what should i do?' advice, we should have 'fix your neighbor you just attempted to murder on accident' area. haha
Old 07-27-2005, 01:40 PM   #40 (permalink)
Civic Ex Chick

Car:
Mods:
I think there are a lot of health related questions asked, and it doesn't have to be "I have another head growing out of my neck," it can include topics such as healthy eating, exercise, etc.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #41 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 2011 Jeep Compass 4x4
Mods:
Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?
I think it's a good idea, we could always add a sub onto the fitness (if the higher up's think it's a good idea), kind of a health (medical) and fitness section, they do go hand in hand
Old 07-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #42 (permalink)
Black Cloud

Car:
Mods:
NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?NegroDamus you're still here?
The LIFE section.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #43 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
dogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddessdogyamissedit Rep God/Goddess
well excercise goes in sports but I think (always have) that a health forum is a good idea.

As long as it isn't abused (ie: Threads like I think I'm having a heart attack should I go to the hospital?)
Old 07-27-2005, 01:44 PM   #44 (permalink)
Cypher Wave

Car: 2011 Jeep Compass 4x4
Mods:
Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?Diana you're still here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by NegroDamus
The LIFE section.
that sounds even better actually
Old 07-27-2005, 01:45 PM   #45 (permalink)
Type-S Member

Car: TW FG2
Mods: Under wraps at the moment
primo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud ofprimo_civic has much to be proud of
yeah, i think we should....

i know some people, including myself at times, hate going to the doctor for problems. this could be a way for people to ask questions for opinions/solutions that'll help them be more confident and/or comfortable going.

"Hard work means nothing to those who don't believe in themselves" - Gai Sensei (Naruto)