Si vs. SiR - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Superhonda.com Site Help

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2002, 03:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
BbOyGoKu36 is an unknown quantity at this point
tech wrench Si vs. SiR

: What poppin'... Listen up really quick, i'm 16 yrs old & living in FL. I plan on getting a 90-91 CRX soon. I don't know as much bout Honda's as i would like 2. And i want ed to know what is the difference between a Si & a SiR. Let me know A.S.A.P... i appreciate it!!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2002, 09:51 AM   #2 (permalink)
Administrator

Car:
Mods:
Johnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problemJohnny Tran has a Rep problem
Re: Si vs. SiR

Quote:
Originally posted by BbOyGoKu36
: What poppin'... Listen up really quick, i'm 16 yrs old & living in FL. I plan on getting a 90-91 CRX soon. I don't know as much bout Honda's as i would like 2. And i want ed to know what is the difference between a Si & a SiR. Let me know A.S.A.P... i appreciate it!!!
Canadian SiR = US Si
Canadian Si = US Ex

The only difference between the 99-00 Si and SiR are:

The SiR has ABS, Heated drivers side mirror, and a bigger windshield washer fluid reservoir than the Si.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2002, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Tx3
CarbonSword Ninja

Car:
Mods:
Tx3 is a jewel in the roughTx3 is a jewel in the roughTx3 is a jewel in the rough
If you're talking about 90-91 CRX/Civic SiRs these have either the ZC dohc non-vtec or vtec B16A motor. The Si has the sohc motor.
Old 03-17-2002, 05:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?MugenSi What did you do to deserve all this rep?
Re: Re: Si vs. SiR

Quote:
Originally posted by v00tecsi

Canadian SiR = US Si
Canadian Si = US Ex

The only difference between the 99-00 Si and SiR are:

The SiR has ABS, Heated drivers side mirror, and a bigger windshield washer fluid reservoir than the Si.
werd!:
Old 03-20-2002, 09:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
mattb16acivic is an unknown quantity at this point
OK the jap si has the non vtec dohv which is called teh zc the jap sir has the vtec dohc b16a1 which is also the motor in the jap integra called the xsi, now the u.s si has the soh non vtec 1.6 they all have 5 spd trannies now i have a 91 civic it was called a standard, came wiht the 1.5 and a 4spd i think the hf is the same in the crx, now the dx has a 1.5 non vtec with the 5spd, now in the usa si they have a diff intake than the dx or the standard, if u want any more info e mail me at [email protected]
Old 03-20-2002, 06:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
CarbonSword Ninja

Car: 2000 VSM Honda Civic SiR
Mods:
BennySiR is a glorious beacon of lightBennySiR is a glorious beacon of lightBennySiR is a glorious beacon of lightBennySiR is a glorious beacon of lightBennySiR is a glorious beacon of lightBennySiR is a glorious beacon of light
99-00 SiR B16A 1595 10.2:1 [email protected]/[email protected]
99-00 Si D16Z7 1590 9.6:1 [email protected]/[email protected]

The SiR in Canada has a DOCH VTEC engine
The Si in Canada has a SOHC VTEC engine

The main difference is the power, 4 wheel disc brakes, and abs
Old 02-05-2008, 09:34 AM   #7 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest striving2bdbest
Answered my questions too...