Painting the Wiper Blades - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2002, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
KoolAsian has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Painting the Wiper Blades

Hi there,

The black is starting to come off my blade body, not the wipers itself. What kind of paint should I buy to paint it back up?

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2002, 03:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 1998 Civic EX: black on black
Mods:
taz77 is an unknown quantity at this point
just a general purpose paint should be good enough but i don't know how well the withstand the rocks and debris from the road. why not just replace the wiper blade?

1998 Honda CBR 600F4: black (of course)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-17-2002, 03:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
KoolAsian has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I'm not talking about the blade, i'm talking about the the thingie attached to the blade and the car that makes it move and go swish swish
Old 07-17-2002, 03:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
ghost is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by taz77
just a general purpose paint should be good enough but i don't know how well the withstand the rocks and debris from the road. why not just replace the wiper blade?
i had a similar thought, my sister just got a 95 DX and hers are like that. how much it would be to get whole new wiper blades? i would think if you just used regular paint, it wouldn't handle the debris well at all
ghost
Old 07-17-2002, 05:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
KBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these partsKBoomBoxx is infamous around these parts
Painted mine a copule of different times over the years... took the original arms off the car, sanded them down, primed em with several lite coats, painted them with several more lite coats and them clear coated em
Old 07-17-2002, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
TekRacerX is on a distinguished road
I painted my wiper arms when they began to fade. I went with some Brite Touch general purpose spray paint. I painted them a flat black to keep the stock look.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
FearlessJoe is an unknown quantity at this point
mine faded too. For a quick fix I did a couple coats of black paint that I had used for my trim ( that's what it was meant for). I know that can't be the best way. But so far so good. It's been probably 8 months or so since I did it and only now did I notice a little chipping. And I didnt use any primer or clear coat. I imagine if I did, I wouldn't have any problems.
Old 07-17-2002, 09:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
S Zero Racer

Car:
Mods:
Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!Peteex Um, 1 million? Damn!
Remove them, there should only be one bolt. lightly sand them, then use flat black rustoleum. Rustoleum is ment for outdoor use and should stand up to the elements quite well.

1989 Accord DX Hatch: SOLD 04/99
1999 Civic EX Coupe: STOLEN 05/07
1989 325i 2-door: SOLD
1995 M3: SOLD
1999 540iT: Garage Queen
1998 Civic HX 5spd: Daily Driver
Old 07-17-2002, 09:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Car:
Mods:
franken4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
just go to any car parst store and buy some flat black trim paint
Old 07-18-2002, 01:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Midnight Racer

Car: 1998 Civic EX: black on black
Mods:
taz77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by KoolAsian
I'm not talking about the blade, i'm talking about the the thingie attached to the blade and the car that makes it move and go swish swish
oops! i knew it couldn't be that easy
well... there's always those bedliner paints that you can get at an auto parts store. if those bedliners can withstand having stuff dropped on it, scraping it, etc... it should be able to withstand some debris and bugs off the road. i forgot how much they cost for a small can though... not too much

1998 Honda CBR 600F4: black (of course)