Tips for fuel efficiency - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2016, 08:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
George1 is on a distinguished road
Tips for fuel efficiency

After having issues post winter, I was worried if it is time to change my car. A friend recommended me a car repair center, to check the issues thoroughly. Now my car is fine. They did a good job. Now I am thinking to get a paint job and some modifications.

Now, this center told me to check their blogs about automobile. And i saw this very important blog about tips to improve fuel efficiency.

The blog says to use optimum fuel, not too full, but not too low. This will put pressure on the fuel pump away.

Also it was mentioned to change to narrow tires, possible for the model. But can that be done? Its says narrow tires are more aerodynamic and fuel efficient.

Either way, I have decided to try these methods mentioned in the blog and check for myself if its true. I'm not going to change my tires though.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2016, 08:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
nosignal is on a distinguished road
So was it really helpful and effective?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-22-2016, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
George1 is on a distinguished road
I think I do. I can feel the change.There is 5 % increase in fuel efficiency.
Old 04-09-2019, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
HondaF@N is on a distinguished road
what
you don't need better premium fuel. thats been debunked many times long time ago. unless you are modifying the Air to Fuel maps you are wasting $ away.
I hope you did not purchased thinner tires. did you know that a thinner tire will increase your braking distance?
if you find yourself having to do a hard brake to avoid hitting something guess what. I really don't know how thinner tires you got but thinner than what the door sticker says is just none sense and asking for trouble.

the only way you can see a bit of improvement from a higher octane rating is if your car's timing is off by a bit, the higher octane could help a bit there. but is not because the hi octane fuel is better, setting the timing on the car is far cheaper than buying more expensive fuel.

how many MPG were you geting before the change.
how many mpg are you getting now.