please help..how do you hook up vtec in a 92dx swapped d16z6 - Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Honda Forum : Honda and Acura Car Forums > Honda - Vehicles > Civic Forum > D-Series Tech

SuperHonda.com is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 04:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
mckbagsx is an unknown quantity at this point
please help..how do you hook up vtec in a 92dx swapped d16z6

hi guys i need some help here ,i just bought a 92 dx hatch and it has a d16z6 in it,the guy had the non vtec ecu still in it but gave me a p28 ecu,so i threw it in and cel is on now,i know it envolves some wire swapping or somthing,please help..thanks for your time...
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Noob

Car:
Mods:
costang costang costang costang costang costang costang costang costang costang costang
I would love to know the answer to this question as well, as that swap is exactly what Im doing too.

a d16z6 into a 92 dx hatch.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-22-2008, 11:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Noob

Car: 94 civic dx
Mods: d16y8, ported+polished head, K04 turbo, race werks manifold, 2 1/2" dnx exhaust, borla muffler, fidanza superlight flywheel, zoom stage2 clutch, tokico illumina struts, skunk2 adjustables, energy suspension bushings, kosei k1 wheels, falken rubbers, jdm typeR steering wheel, gutted rear, HID kit, pioneer headunit
skibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peonsskibee1000 Hello down there miniscule peons
well if you have the vtech head... which you should...
you have to follow the wire that goes from teh vtec solenoid to the main harness, if your car did NOT come with vtec, then your harness is missing the wire from your ecu to the plug in your engine compartment which runs teh vtec. so you will find the spot in the harness where there is a little plastic "plug" to fill teh hole where there is no wire.
then you have to find and electronic schematic of ecu plug, so that you know what "socket" your vtec wire is supposed to be in. then you just made a lead, run the wire into that "socket" and then run it up, through your firewall, to your vtec solenoid and solder the wires together.

i wish i had pictures of what you have to, because i just did it in my car recently.

this is very confusing to read but its correct. maybe someone else can re-word it for me.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
SH Titanium

Car: 94 Eg coupe.
Mods: Well, IT'S STOCK EXCEPT FOR MY 5000hp shot of nitrous!
festivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep tropospherefestivagt In the rep troposphere

Spend the money and get the RYWIRE harness - it comes with the directions you need and phone SUPPORT.

Rywire - Online Store

It's only $40. The harness will look WAY better than any hackup you will do on your own. Besides - it has all the proper connectors ALREADY ON IT. You could spend HOURS trying to figure it out and not have anything done - or you cuold just get the harness and install it - be up and vtec'd within an hour. I personally would wire it up myself without the rywire but I have done ALOT of swaps and don't need a pre fabbed harness. But take it from me - if you are asking this question - buy the harness and be done with it.
KEEP US POSTED.
HENRY

Used clutches are alot like toilet paper - Why would you reuse it?
Old 07-30-2008, 06:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
Thumbs up

welp i took your advice and got the rywire harness hooked it up and i got vtec for sure,it took about 45 mins roughly to hook everything up,thanks again guys..
Old 07-30-2008, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
oh yea i was thinking about gettin the harness last week thats why you got the quick reply on this..lol
Old 07-30-2008, 07:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car:
Mods:
cheech4twenty is on a distinguished road
vtec harness

a man i have a vtec harness just sitting here if you want it let me know. selling it for $60.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:33 AM   #8 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

Car: 96 civic
Mods: z6 swap, intake
ginte is on a distinguished road
will the rywire harness work if a z6 is in a 96 dx?
Old 08-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #9 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Car: 1992 civic vx
Mods: header back exhaust, intake, lowering springs, agx shocks, D15b, FDS3 turbo seats, audio system, car alarm, Integra suspension\brake swap, 17" craigslist wheels to fit over new brakes.
Dolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapy
hey

I read this post three times but did you hook up a oil line to the vtec? or did the previous owner? ginte not flaming but did click on the link festivagt put up? 10 sec and you save yourself from looking stupid. don't have prob with tech ? but when some one gives you a link, click.
Old 08-20-2008, 10:25 PM   #10 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

ya bro i clicked it. did you take the time to see if it specified? if you saw it somewhere on that site you're a greater man then i. the previous owner did not hook up the oil line. I'm just trying to get facts together before i DO something stupid
Old 08-20-2008, 10:33 PM   #11 (permalink)
Digital Racer

Mods: header back exhaust, intake, lowering springs, agx shocks, D15b, FDS3 turbo seats, audio system, car alarm, Integra suspension\brake swap, 17" craigslist wheels to fit over new brakes.
Dolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapyDolcerae needs rep therapy
don't hate

It says d series, they should say if it doesn't fit one or more engines, but no it doesn't specify your a6 hey just throwing out the oil line just incase it was overlooked, so don't hate on me. are you trying to start a flame session?

try this link let me know if it helps

Rywire - Online Store
Old 08-20-2008, 10:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

thanks that link did help.
lol i was asking a simple question, i think i did over looked it tho

previous owner did a shit job on a lot of things i.e. engine swap im just getting frustrated at this point
Old 08-20-2008, 11:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Digital Racer

I heard that

the last owner rigged my car to hell payed 1200 for it and prob stick that much undoing what he did. got a primer black hood, painted it over a good hood and paint. I found sockets stuck to suspension componets, broken bolts on suspension, broken sunroof with home caulk to hold the piece of spray painted wood, no interior locks, broken passenger door handle, that shitty carbon fiber tape on the gas cap, one tinted window, the only good thing is a header and aem cai, and the biggest f-ing kicker he broke the head off the lca and stripped the allen heads on the shocks so I get to cut the damn shocks off to replace them, The dumb ass only put the front lowering springs on and f-ed up the rear so the car was sitting front down ass up. now some retard thief f-ed up my rear hatch lock and sheet metal and popped the passenger door lock inside the door and f-ed up the roof trying to climb into the sunroof dented the damn roof. surprisingly the dumb ass didnt get in. INTELLAGENCE. so I hear ya on dumb past owners and stupid ass thiefs
Old 08-21-2008, 12:02 AM   #14 (permalink)
Brand Spanking Newbie

ya its like every time i look at my car something is wrong with it, i mean he didnt kno why the dash was out turns out the dimmer switch wasnt even plugged im
i live in a piece of shit town so i dont even wana put my system in it yet thats how the last owner got the trunk all screwed up.

this is why i joined the forum, maybe i can successfully put this car back together and lean a lot of stuff along the way
Old 08-21-2008, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
Digital Racer

word

yeah I got some knowledge but there are things that peeps can teach you in here that books miss[ I own every performance honda book published] just learned the benifits to a obd2-obd1 conversion. If you want some knowledege watch out for posts by wuv97gsr and lttlblckcvc, from what I have seen they seem to be the most knowledgable. just make sure to search first or they will flame you