Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
3,140 Posts
Somehow motor trend always seems to get these times that are like a second quicker than everyone else. I'd say the rsx type s does like 7.0-7.2. it's like the same as an integra gsr. it has more power but it also weighs more.

· Registered
903 Posts
Poodie said:
My Si is supposed to do it in 7.0 I think a Type S can do it in the high 6's. My moms type S is quite a bit faster than my Si
your si gets to 60 in 7 flat? i hope you have mods..

· Registered
346 Posts
Hybrid Fever said:
Somehow motor trend always seems to get these times that are like a second quicker than everyone else. I'd say the rsx type s does like 7.0-7.2. it's like the same as an integra gsr. it has more power but it also weighs more.
well, for the RSX Type S, Motor Trend actually got the slowest 0-60 time of the three major publications (C&D, R&T, and MT). The RSX Type S is in no question quicker than the GSR.

· Registered
568 Posts

· Registered
1,320 Posts
hm

yea agree that motor trend always get "slower" results then others, but i say motor trend gets most "resonable" results, that most pplz would get.
doesnt mean everyone gets that, most street racers out there wit some skills would probably do better, but M.T. isnt always "Totally off".
but u also gotta realize that 6.1 with stock type-s with ugly stock tires is impossible. they must hav been testing it on a down hill track or launched at 6000rpm w/o any wheel spin. mahahaha..

anyways i do agree. MT drivers needs some training. :rolleyes:

· Registered
25 Posts
I'd say it is around mid 6's also. It is definetly faster then the GSR. I traded my 2001 GSR with Injen/SRI and now have a RSX Type S with Injen SRI and their is a pretty big different in the 2 cars. The Type-S stock was quicker then the GSR with the SRI.

· Registered
83 Posts
circuitsports said:
Some of our friends were at Pomona were they usually go to run thier 1/4 mile tests and they say it was 6.7 the RSX R is 6.1. As far as it goes they had a pretty broken in production car and good launching and shifting that many magazines arent capable of. Such as the case for the s2000 many magazines werent shifting at redline or launching agressively. Still though recently a bone stock type s was taken to Pomona with DOT aproved yokohama road race tires and it was able to run 6.0 flat. Aparently the stock tires are as bad a people claimed. As it is the type s only puts 10 less hp "to the wheels" than the s2000, so it really depends on the launch.

www.circuitsports.net
What the hell are you smoking dude?:confused:
Stock S2000s dyno at between 195-205 to the wheels.
There are some S2000s dyno at 210 also.
If you don't believe me visit www.s2000online.com
Sport Compact car has RSX-S dynoed at 168 to the wheels.
www.sportcompactcarweb.com/archives/features/feature01_0402a.shtml

You need to get your facts straightend dude

· Registered
25 Posts
RiceEatinAzn said:
actually, i heard that the 6 speed robs some speed so it ends up being as fast as the gsr or something
Huh? Are you referring to the 0-60 between the Type-S and the GSR?

I wouldn't say as quick as the GSR since the Type-S and the S2000 are much quicker then the GSR.

Regardless, 6 speeds are quicker not slower due to the shorter gears.

· Registered
474 Posts
elric said:

Huh? Are you referring to the 0-60 between the Type-S and the GSR?

I wouldn't say as quick as the GSR since the Type-S and the S2000 are much quicker then the GSR.

Regardless, 6 speeds are quicker not slower due to the shorter gears.
yea i know they have shorter gears, but i was reading some other post and some guy said that the rsx's transmission is not very good or something and the gsr's was good
i was just repeating what someone else said that it was true, just a maybe

· Registered
2,548 Posts
R&T doesnt do its testing on a drag strip, and doesnt run the car like it could be done. Magizine times are usually slow.

Motor Trend might be doing their testing on a drag strip, and or be driving the piss outta the cars.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.