Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lowered my GSR. When I was taking the rear control arms out to fit in Poly bushings, there is a small cable that runs along with the control arm. I think they are the abs sensors, not sure, but anyway when I was unscrewing them both bolts broke. How would I go about fixing this problem. The other half of the bolt is still in the control arm. What can I do

·
Registered
204 Posts
Extract the half of the bolts that are still in the control arm. This is done by getting an extractor kit and using that. First, drill a hole in the middle of whats left of the bolt... make sure the hole is a little smaller than the extractor u are using. Once you have a decent sized hole, insert the extractor by screwing it in like you were tightening a bolt (clockwise). Once it is firmly in the bolt, just go counter clockwise. This will pull out both the bolt and the extractor together.

Try using a lot of rust eater and wd-40 on the threads of the bolt before you try to extract. This will make is easier.

If the extractor doesn't work the first time, drill the hole a little bigger and use a bigger extractor and just keep going up. Just don't forget to start w/ a small drill bit so you can go up if needed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts