Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went out to my car today and i see a dent on my drivers side front fender.. and when i open my door .. my door hits the fender and there is paint chips...

anyone have any ideas on how to pull a dent.. i tried the plunger that didnt work..

also how much would it coast to pait a door

·
Registered
406 Posts
If it's the front of your door, it's gonna be too hard to do (to pull out a dent on your own). All doors are crammed up inside at the edges. The fender can be taken off and rebent.

And I had my rear passenger door repainted and it cost me $270 CDN. by Honda. Yeah, Satin Silver. Also, your car won't look the same again, especially with only one door painted. You'll have to paint the entire side of your car to blend in the colours.

Honestly, it's probably one of those bitchy ass damages which you'll just have to accept and leave alone.

And yes, you can replace the skin of the door, but if you don' t have the tools (chances are most people don't) you'll be forced to buy a new door. FYI my door bone stock was $430CDN. I did all the parts swapping myself.

Hanki .

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no,the door is just missing a little paint... my fender has the dent.. its a big dent toward the pinstrips...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sorry, I guess I've become apathetic towards my car since the accident. I realized that if you love it too much, it'll hurt you REAL BAD when shit happens to your car.

hey, if stupid honda tells you to go get a new fender, you my as well go for the m3's :)

And with your door. touch up the paint right now to prevent rusting. if you have the dough, go paint the thing (of course honda will tell you paint the entire side of your car).

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if honda says i need new fenders i would get the m3s but everyone says they dont fit good, big gaps n shit...

if honda says i need to aint the whole side of my car... i am most likely going to claim it on my insurance sence my deductable is only 250

1 - 5 of 5 Posts