Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well basicly i was bored, i Talked to a shop and they said they could replace the fabric on my door panels for 80$ a door, i figured i could do it for just the price of the vinyl... Well i tried it and basicly i couldn't get it to stick well at the corners.... all the edges where showing, Basicly it didn't look Flush and Clean at the edges.........

Now im thinking, with my door panel off and just laying around looking like shit, do i go spend $160 to fix my one door and to do the other...... Or maybe should i cosider painting the whole door, and sand off that glue where the fabric was and try painting that as well, i figure if i paint it black with vinyl paint and put a clear coat on it then it won't fade...... And if i do this and ultimatly scrue it up again, i think the only way to fix it would be to buy a a new door panel from a scarp yard, and would that cost me the $160.

gimme ur ideas and thoughts on what i should do next, i know i made a mistake, but i love learning and doing new things. :bash

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i realy don't know what to do, im seriously thinking painting it, i don't think that will work thoe, because i gotthe glue still where the fabric was (probably will be hard to remove), and thats plastic and will the vinyl paint even stick to the plastic........
anyone who has ever done an interior on there car, espeicaly a show car, ur advice would be greatly apreciated. what if i get the whole damn interior done, how much would that cost?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.