Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do think is an ideal PSI to be running in my 01 GSR Head/ 99 B16 Block- (with mods) Im running 255 Fuel Pump, B&M Fuel psi Regulator and Gauge and right now Im running RICH- 51-52 psi at idle I believe..

As far as I know:
-LS = 31-36psi at idle
-GS-R = 39-46psi at idle

^Right? So for my setup ~whatcha think?

Appreciate All Intelligent Responses! :btu

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also heard that it's a better idea to connect your fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail itself and not the top of the connector on the fuel filter for a more accurate reading.. Yay or Nay?

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
stock FP is 45psi.. Which it should be set at, Get rid of the regulator and get a FMU or a tuneable ecu..messing with that shit is only going to cause you problems in the long run..
your CR is 10.4..so its not like you need alot more fuel then a regular gsr..your CR is equal to a stock jdm b16a.. put the stock FPR back on and get a chipped ecu.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
153dbcivic said:
I GOT A B16 IN MY 4 DR AND I AM RUNNING34-36 WITH THE VAC HOSE ON....I AM GOING TO GO NOW AND BUMP IT UP TO ABOUT 40
how is your car even running with 36 psi..lmfao you should be leaning out so much..

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
cLined said:
Also heard that it's a better idea to connect your fuel pressure gauge to the fuel rail itself and not the top of the connector on the fuel filter for a more accurate reading.. Yay or Nay?
The system is pressureized whether its at the fuel pump or the fuel rail. Just as long as its not after the FPR because then its returning to the pump. The FPR is what regulats fuel pressure. Therefore anywhere to that point will give you the same readings.

Keep in mind that using a high flow pumo will increase fuel pressure readings by about 4psi. So make sure you bump it back down a few noth to stock recommened specs.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
153dbcivic said:
I GOT A B16 IN MY 4 DR AND I AM RUNNING34-36 WITH THE VAC HOSE ON....I AM GOING TO GO NOW AND BUMP IT UP TO ABOUT 40
Vac gauge should be off to get correct readings. The specs above are for with the vac line off. So if you are going it with vac line on those are wrong readings.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts