Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello guys,

I'm considering getting a 01' prelude..I searched the listings on the internet.I was surprised there's not much to choose from. I was looking for a SH in the begining,but they all seem too expensive for me.Anyway,finally came down with a 01' peral white lude,with 73000 miles on it(5 speed,spolier). The dealer is asking 15,500. Is that a reasonable price?I'm thinking 14000~15000 out the door would be more accpectable to me. What you guys think?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
In my area the "Blue Book" suggest a price of $16.560 on a 2001 Honda Prelude Coupe 2D (non SH), MT and w/ 59.000 miles. The SH adds almost $1000 to the base model price.

It will depend the area you live in.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I think the price is good for a 01 but the miles are too high. In a year of two your lude will be at 100k and just that number, no matter how good condition it is, that's gonna drop you value of the car.

I say stay patient and wait for something with less miles. Although you might have to wait for a long time because a nice deal on a 5th gen lude is hard to come by.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah,i entered the year,and miles on KBB.com,came out like almost 16,000
I live in SF bay area,cali..been searching for a while.I did saw some pretty good deal,but all automatic -.-!!

But,I'll go and talk to them see what kind of deal they are willing to offer.
thanks for the comments guys~

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah,i do aware that. I pretty sure i'll own the car for a couple years
I assume prelude is easy to maintain at reasonable cost like most hondas

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
htakang said:
yeah,i do aware that. I pretty sure i'll own the car for a couple years
I assume prelude is easy to maintain at reasonable cost like most hondas
insurance is a little high. Do you know that?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Sounds way too high to me...

Im selling my 2001 SH for $18,500...and it only has 20k miles on it.

lol 3grand more and u save 50,000 miles...

·
Registered
28 Posts
What it the major difference between the SH model and the Base? I know the SH comes with like 10hp more but what else is different?

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Zach_Accord_V6 said:
What it the major difference between the SH model and the Base? I know the SH comes with like 10hp more but what else is different?
The ATTS super handling sys, leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, spoiler, painted sides, door lights, better looking rims, and only comes in 5 speed. SAME ENGINE and hp.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts