Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just bought a new 02 Civic Coupe EX. She got the windows tinted today and some of the radio stations don't come in now! Needless to say I was a wee bit pissed when I picked up the car and noticed that. especially when I took it back and the only answer they could come up with was "well it's never done that before." gee thanks. AM doesn't come in at all. He said if it's still like that in two days, come back.

My question is, since the antenna is built into the rear window, COULD the tint installer possibly have cut a line or the antenna itself with a razor?

And about the trunk, anyone else have a problem with theirs not closing very easily? It seems like a strugle to close it, to the point of slamming it. And being a new car, I don't want to slam it too hard. I'm taking it back to the dealership tomorrow to find out wtf is up, but before I *ahem* voice my opinion about the car, just want to make sure it's not a common thing.

Thanks...

·
Registered
112 Posts
that would be the reason, why your friend's radio is getting some horrible reception. Installers make a big mistake in cutting shit off in newer cars. Since they are used to the older model cars with exterior antennas. A line must have been cut, cause the antenna is built along with the defrosters.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, but it looks like she lucked out. :) I had the stereo and new speakers installed today and they told me the antenna was unplugged...dumbasses. I even asked the tint guy (Camelia City for you Sactown people) if they unplugged it and they said no.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts