Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok... i was wondering if anyone out there knows a lil something about the stock gears in an 02 ep3, i want to swap the gears for something faster on the drag strip, and i know i want the type s 3rd gear but what would be good for 1st and 2nd? if anyone knows please let me know, thanks !!!

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that was my first plan, but i was told you could build a tranny better than the type s by changing gears around, but i was just curious after i heard that today. but i'll prolly just do the type s swap on it!!

and does anyone know where to get type R heads?

· Registered
370 Posts
Honestly, the stock EP3 gears are pretty good for a stock or near stock EP3 engine. If you have cams & K-pro, you can benefit from going to a 6-spd with a shorter final drive.

I have an 02 type-s trans with a 5.062 final drive + TSX 6th gear + LSD. It's a great gearbox for my engine, but would make zero sense on a near stock k20a3.

Maybe you should look into getting a limited slip & some drag radials if you want to run faster 1/4s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.