Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a d15b running on p08. when the car is warm and reading off the o2 sensor. the engine seem to rev up and down ( i also have a leak around the o2)but when i unplug the o2 it run prefect with no check engine light. i am pretty sure that if the ecu dose not read a signal from the o2 it will throw a code. will anything bad happen if i unplug the o2 senor?

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
civic510z said:
i have a d15b running on p08. when the car is warm and reading off the o2 sensor. the engine seem to rev up and down ( i also have a leak around the o2)but when i unplug the o2 it run prefect with no check engine light. i am pretty sure that if the ecu dose not read a signal from the o2 it will throw a code. will anything bad happen if i unplug the o2 senor?
the car won't know if it runs rich or lean and that can hurt the motor. having a leak around the o2 wouldn't make the idle flux. but you say it doesn't throw a code when you unplug it?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
civic510z said:
thats not good to do...whats the voltage ur reading ur getting right now?

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
civic510z said:
yea it dose not throw a code when i unplug it. cant check the volt, dun have a volt meter. what will make the engine idle flux?
alot of things make it flux. have you done a search here for RPMS going up and down? is the leak before or after the o2?

im sure you will find your answers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.