Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend's 2002 Acura TL Type S has the right lowbeam headlight out. Tried replacing the bulb first. It was $90. Didn't fix it. Checked the fuses in the under hood relay box, they were ok. Swapped out the relays in the same box, but no change. Checked for voltage at the headlight receptacle and I have no power. I can't figure it out. Need some ideas...

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
90 bucks for a bulb? you got ripped

check the headlight switch, its possible it has a seperate circuit inside for each bulb, though I doubt it.

only thing I can think of is double-checking that the headlight plug is in good condition. clean em, make sure contact is occuring

·
Registered
171 Posts
My friend's 2002 Acura TL Type S has the right lowbeam headlight out. Tried replacing the bulb first. It was $90. Didn't fix it. Checked the fuses in the under hood relay box, they were ok. Swapped out the relays in the same box, but no change. Checked for voltage at the headlight receptacle and I have no power. I can't figure it out. Need some ideas...
You spent $90 and it didn't fix it? You ought to return it once you fix it...In the future, to ensure it isn't the bulb, swap the other working headlight bulb into its place. It's faster and free.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya, I would have looked around for a better price if I bought the bulb. The connector is in good shape. Just has no voltage. I was thinking the same thing about the switch, but logically both lights would be out. I was told by one mechanic there are two relays which can go out. I checked the one I could find. Dont know where the other one is.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
find a OEM acura parts store online and look it up. it would be a part available to buy and the diagrams would serve to show its location

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.