Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know the '02 civic has some kinda converter in the exhaust that converts a lot of bad chemicals to stuff like water vapor and whatever..

my question is this.. is any of that emmisions stuff inside the muffler or could i replace the muffler with something else <like a universal muffler or whatever>?
if ya have any suggestions as to what muffler would sound nice too that would be kewl :)

now... im not looking for performance. im only looking for aesthetic improvement and i know im gonna get flamed for that :p i just wanna keep my car ULEV. Maybe after i turn 25 and my insurance drops and if i actually have money ill get a fast car with go-fast goodies but for now i just wanna look good ya know?

·
Registered
226 Posts
maybe you're talking about a catalytic convertor (or cat for short)...at least, that's the best i can come up with

in which case, no, that's not connected to your muffler at all

and if all you want is sound, then any universal muffler and tip should basically do it for you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.