Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 05 Honda Accord EX V6. I measured the gap in the wheel well above the tire, and based on that I want to lower it 3 inches in the back and 4 inches in the front. Has anyone lowered their 03-06 Accord? I found a set of coilovers with shocks/struts that can lower up to 4 inches made by dropzone racing for $360 on ebay, has anyone heard of this brand and if so, is it any good? I also found a camber kit made by ingalls for $273, has anyone heard of them? Thanks

·
Registered
866 Posts
haven't heard much about dropzone but from what i have heard so far isn't good. doesn't tein make a coilover kit for this car? that's the set i intend to get for my 04 coupe V6. too much wheel gap and the suspension is just too soft.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
drop zones suck sweaty monkey balls. STAY AWAY!

there are three things to tuning: Power, price and reliability....you're only allowed to have two.

4" drop is a lot...you shouldn't drop your car that low since the rest of the suspension geometry won't match that drop. 3" is a stretch too....but not so bad.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
coilovers suck in general. unless you spend $2000 or so for a real adjustable system.

i would recommend just getting a set of good lowering springs + shocks + camber kit.

you have to remember that everytime you change the ride height of the car you have to get an alignment.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tein S-techs are a very good reliable 2 inch drop front and rear. I've been on these S-techs for a little less than 2 years and i still have stock shocks. Eventually you would have to get new shocks as you should. lol. 273 bucks for a camber kit is kinda expensive. i bought mine from ebay for 150 on ebay and their ingalls also. The S-techs are about 150 also.

-JoE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.