Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
232 Posts
Wow a whole roadtest article that read like it was copied from some honda handout. I be they miss typed the engine/performance figurs some what.

My 2000 I4 5spd can hit a 0-60 in 8seconds--those figures are for the new k24 not the j30 6cyl.

· Registered
649 Posts
chewie10 said:
Nissan Maxima is way faster.
it doesn't take a genius to know that a DOHC design, +15hp & +30lbs/tq w/ a Helical LSD AND bigger wheels can run 0-60 in 6secs flat.

but this is pathetic. MotorTrend, Car&Driver, & Automobile each get different times. sometimes better than the MFR test drivers. Subaru got 5.8s 0-60 in the WRX, but C&D got 5.4s...hella of a driver to get almost 1/2sec better.

· Registered
103 Posts
i think the coupe is the only one thats gonna have a 6-spd. As for the auto version being slow umm i dont know what to say but i do think that most of the magazines are full of $$$$. I think some companies pay em under the table to give cars a better review. And IMO the 4 door from the back does look like a Camry(ugly IMO)

· Registered
232 Posts
Accord_F22 said:
nissan maxima is no longer in the same class as the accord. The accord now only competes with the altima.
Is that a good thing, since the Maxima is now dwarfed by its smaller Altima stablemate in performance? HP isn't every thing.

Another thing to remember about varience in performance numbers is no two production line engines ever create the same horsepower +/- 3%-5% depending on manufactorer.

· Registered
649 Posts
actually the Maxima & Altima have almost the same dimensions, but the Max is wider by 1.5". the Maxima has always had a 6cyl so it never was compared to an Accord, at any time. i wanna know what will Toyota do since the Camry/Solara-V6 has 200hp, but the TRD S/C makes 245hp & thats a $4500 option on top of the $24k price already. hmmm, "what a feeling" is rite

· Registered
103 Posts
what do you guys expect from an accord? i mean they are not meant to be the fastest cars from factory. Their first goal is to be the ideal family car. Now im not saying they cannot be fixed up because anything can.

· Registered
350 Posts
MrChad said:
Is that a good thing, since the Maxima is now dwarfed by its smaller Altima stablemate in performance? HP isn't every thing.

Another thing to remember about varience in performance numbers is no two production line engines ever create the same horsepower +/- 3%-5% depending on manufactorer.
I wouldnt say that the Altima dwarfs the Max in performance. Manual vs manual, auto vs auto, I've yet to see stock 3.5SE Altima's run as quick as the 2K2/3 Max. (Though I've seen enough posts on different forums to the contrary.)

Back to the new Accord, though they may not be Maxima quick, but they're quick enough. Wait until we start seeing the 6sp V6 Coupe; that should be a high 14 second car. (Which would be a first for a stock Honda Accord.)

Max/Alt vs Accord: Prior to the introduction of the 2K2 Altima, the Maxima did compete against the Accord V6 whereas the Altima 2.4L competed against the 4 cyl Accord. But Nissan is shifting its direction with its sedans to compete with Toyota: Avalon/Camry/Corolla vs 2K4 Maxima/Altima/Sentra. In this case, Honda only carries the Accord/Civic where there is no full size sedan, yet.

Peace.

Peace.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.