Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
r/t .856

60' 2.466
330' 6.715

1/8 10.126
mph 71.95

1/4 15.5
mph 90.38

so let the comments begin, I know some will be positive some negative. But I am the first to put the 03 av6 on the track
 

· Registered
Joined
·
162 Posts
No offense, but i think is pretty dam slow for what they rate it (240hp ). And hell, what is up with the 90 trap speed? thats low too.
I hope i didnt offend u.
I like the new accords and i do hope that they do better then that. Maybe track conditions, car not broken in, etc...
 

· Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CivicEx1998 said:
No offense, but i think is pretty dam slow for what they rate it (240hp ). And hell, what is up with the 90 trap speed? thats low too.
I hope i didnt offend u.
I like the new accords and i do hope that they do better then that. Maybe track conditions, car not broken in, etc...
its cool....but the 90 trap speed. I am a little confused my old 94 gsr only a intake ran 15.3 with 89 trap speed. Thats why I hardly pay attention to that stat.


here is my list of kills

of course 6gen av6
5gen v6(claims he had 3.0 l engine 220hp)....smoked in @ track
90 integra with work done..........waxed him @ track
01 maxima......got him too street race
 

· Registered
Joined
·
350 Posts
With an auto tranny, there's little you can do about traps. Yours isnt too bad. My Max is trapping about 93mph but runs upper 14s; good ET but low trap.

The quickest stock AV6 I've seen was a 98 EX V6 Coupe that banged out a 15.7 ET with only an intake. ck2000, you can expect better ETs once you break it in.

Peace.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,316 Posts
Wow that thing is about a full second faster than my accord with all the crap I done to it.

Can you believe it my modded 6Gen Accord is SLOWER THAN A STOCK 6GEN :D


I ran a 16.6, 16.49, 16.46,16.11, 15.903,15.835.

The 16.46 i had everything in my sig but still had the AEM P/S pulley and stock alternator pulley.

The others I upgraded to UR 3 piece Pulley Set. And ran slower :eek: But was finally able to get it down to 15.835.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
ck2000 said:
1/4 15.5
mph 90.38
Nice times. About what I expected. Just curious, what kind of gas did you have in it?

Yeah, the trap seems a little low, but don't worry about it. It'll probably pickup as you get more miles on it and the car losens up a bit. Cars these days seem to take a good 5000 miles or so to really break-in fully.

Assuming you can get your 60' down to a 2.1-2.2s range, you should be able to run 15-flat or maybe even squeeze into the high-14's. The Gen6 AV6's had trouble getting their 60's down because of the crippled low-end (cam-related). Hopefully the Gen7's won't suffer from this as well.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Awesome!

Thanks for taking your car to the track and posting your results!

Just curious about a few things.

- Milage? (I'm assuming you still have a ways to go before the engine is fully broken in)

- Octane?

- Temperature/Humidity?

- Track Elevation?

- Amount of gas in the tank?

Thanks!

P.S. I clocked a 15.52 in my 2000 LX Sedan with just an AEM intake and 50-60 F temperatures. I had about 15k miles on the car at the time.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
DId you have traction control off? what rpm did you launch at? and all of the questions in the post before mine :D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
195 Posts
Bbc84, how come your car is so slow? did you properly broken in the car when you first got it? man..i sure hope my car isn't a "retard" one from the factory. i want to aleast break 16s with my mods...i got catback exhaust, CAI, and UR pulleys.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
mileage................................900
octane .................................87
temp.....81 humidity....dont know
track elevation......will find out next time
gas in tank.........half a tank....original plan was not to race car
traction control....on
rpm........3200
 

· Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
forgot this

There was 6 gen av6 sedan with an intake,catback exhaust, and vtec controller best time was a 16.2. He was pissed that my times was better.
Since we barely drive this car it my take us 5months to get 5k miles. 1month 1 day 960 miles.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
3,194 Posts
intake and exhaust only give marginal improvements, Headers and unorthodox pulleys are the only gen6 mods that do that much good. I haven't heard many good things about a V-tec controller on the 6th gen though(most likely a V-AFC).
 

· Registered
Joined
·
257 Posts
Re: forgot this

ck2000 said:
There was 6 gen av6 sedan with an intake,catback exhaust, and vtec controller best time was a 16.2. He was pissed that my times was better.
Since we barely drive this car it my take us 5months to get 5k miles. 1month 1 day 960 miles.
cat-back exhaust is the most pointless and retarded performance mod on an NA AV6, IMHO. It only gives you serious gains above 5500rpm, but LOSSES everywhere else. It kills your low-end torque, makes you slower off the line, and doesn't give you enough extra at the top-end to compensate for all the low/mid-range losses.

Yet people STILL continue to put these things on their cars.

WHY!? :confused: :rolleyes:

One of the fastest NA Gen6 AV6's on record is BNut, who ran a 15.4 with just an intake (short ram), and STOCK EXHAUST.

Go figure. :eek:

Keep adding those cat-back exhausts to your AV6's, people. :p

If you guys want fast times, you should try to copy the setups of people that actually GO FAST to begin with, instead of hopping on whatever bandwagon and what's considered 'tite' :rolleyes:

Here are some hints:

Short Ram Intake (NOT CAI)
Headers
Denso IK16 plugs
UR Pulleys
STOCK Exhaust
Lightweight wheels.
A good launch.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
103 Posts
Re: Re: forgot this

SteV6er said:
cat-back exhaust is the most pointless and retarded performance mod on an NA AV6, IMHO. It only gives you serious gains above 5500rpm, but LOSSES everywhere else. It kills your low-end torque, makes you slower off the line, and doesn't give you enough extra at the top-end to compensate for all the low/mid-range losses.

Yet people STILL continue to put these things on their cars.

WHY!? :confused: :rolleyes:

One of the fastest NA Gen6 AV6's on record is BNut, who ran a 15.4 with just an intake (short ram), and STOCK EXHAUST.

Go figure. :eek:

Keep adding those cat-back exhausts to your AV6's, people. :p

If you guys want fast times, you should try to copy the setups of people that actually GO FAST to begin with, instead of hopping on whatever bandwagon and what's considered 'tite' :rolleyes:

Here are some hints:

Short Ram Intake (NOT CAI)
Headers
Denso IK16 plugs
UR Pulleys
STOCK Exhaust
Lightweight wheels.
A good launch.

you forgot to mention nitrous:D
 

· Registered
Joined
·
313 Posts
Actually it was a 15.52 and I had the stock 15" LX steelies and some nice 50-60 degree temps with a 1/4 tank of gas.



Check out the 60ft time and the trap speed. :)
 

· Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BNut said:
Actually it was a 15.52 and I had the stock 15" LX steelies and some nice 50-60 degree temps with a 1/4 tank of gas.



Check out the 60ft time and the trap speed. :)

how important is the trap speed....why close times having almost 2mph differnce
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top