Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took some quotes out of the www.caranddriver.com article

Hyundai is hoping the addition of an optional V-6 will attract more male customers, since 58 percent of current Tiburon buyers are of the female persuasion.

The biggest change to the Tiburon is the addition of an optional V-6—a 181-hp, 2.7-liter DOHC engine that's also found in the Sonata sedan and Santa Fe sport-ute. Hyundai, for the first time, is offering an optional six-speed manual transmission made by Aichi in Japan. The standard transmission is a five-speed manual, and a four-speed automatic with Shiftronic manual control is available as an option. The base engine is the current version's 140-hp, 2.0-liter DOHC four-cylinder mated to either a five-speed manual or a four-speed automatic transmission.

This latest Tiburon is packaged two ways. There's the base car with the four-cylinder engine, or the upscale GT with the V-6 and leather interior. We only got to sample the GT version of the coupe in France, but the base model's performance should be similar to that of the previous-generation car because the 140-hp engine is a carryover as is the curb weight.

Hyundai hasn't announced what its new Tiburon will cost, but a good guess is the base four-cylinder car with a manual gearbox should run about $15,000. A loaded V-6 with a six-speed manual and the 17-inch wheel package should come in at about $20,000. At that price and with its increased performance, the Tiburon is definitely swimming in sports-coupe waters, but if Hyundai really wants to be a serious menace to the pocket-rocket competition, it needs to sweat the details a little more.

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
divinewisdom said:
rumorsHG you got any news on the lancer evo 7?
when is arriving to the states. is dsm any good?
dunno about that, there's alot of speculation. Considering i'm from canada, i dont really care too much, haha (jokes) but umm, ask 9000rpm, he knows everything.

And dude, you inspired me to create a lancer thread. check it out man, it's not 56K friendly though, sorry.

enjoy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.