Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here are exclusive pictures of the new 1-Series small rear wheel drive BMW. The concept will be unvieled at the forthcoming Geneva Motor show. This £15,000 challenger is to take on the mighty VW Golf & the Audi A3 to name a few. Due out in late 2004 (UK) & cabriolet version due 1 year after that. The new 1-Series is to become the cheapest BMW ever & shows the design stratergy that BMW is going, as you can see lots of design features have been carried over from the X-Coupe seen last year.

As predicted last year the Cabriolet & Coupe versions will be called 2-Series & be identified by the following badging; 216i, 218i, 220i, & hopefully a 240Bhp M-Power M2 at around £25,000 at todays prices.

Only 4 seats will be offered but Coupes will feature fold down rear seats to extend the boot capacity to approx. 1000 Litres. Classic front engine & rear wheel drive layout promises a car that will handle as well as it's other larger "brothers & sisters" giving it a distinct advantage over its rivals. The interior will feature motorbike like instrument binacle & use leather & aluminium in it's main design. The SMG gearbox (as seen above) will also be an option. the cars weight should not exceed 1100kg against the Golfs 1400kg. The 7-Series iDrive will also feature on the options list.

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
i dont like that at all.....shit and you think bmw would release sumthang better:p

·
Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
dont' like the z1 as much as the z5...this one is just um weird looking

·
Registered
13 Posts
The rear lights remind me fo the RSX. As far as the 7 series is conerned, at first, I was disappointed, but now the lines of the car have actually grown on me. I like it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
It looks like its ready to eat a nice juicy hot dog. mmmmm... Hot Dog....*munch*

oh yeah, ran better times this past weekend.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
More like any Audis it sees in it's path hehehe:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts