Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'ConsumerGuide' says Nissan head office will announce new beefer maxima. The 2004 Maxima will get a completely redesign with a 3.5-liter producing an estimated 280 horsepower vs. today's 250-hp 3.5-liter engine. Come 2004, Maxima itself will be redesigned on a stretched version of the new Altima's platform.

www.freshalloy.com which is a reliable nissan forum has found pics of the 2004 concept testing maxima vechile:

Anywayz, we'll just have to wait

· Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
that thing is wayyyyy to square

· Registered
2,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Prelude1897 said:
I wouldn't drive that...
dunno man? i thought the same thing when i had my lude (97 too) but, then i was forced to sell, so i got a 92maxima, i like it alot, 5speed though. The auto is nice, but the 5speed is def. better, i really wanna drive the newest maxima, 6speed 250hp... VROOOOM!

· Pimpzilla
11,102 Posts
lol...heard that driving a 5 speed was hella better then driving a auto

· Registered
395 Posts
the only thing i dont like about the maximas is the shifter feel. long throw, too lose and not at all direct like on hondas. i also dont' really like the way the rear looks or the way they handle. other than that, they're actually nice cars. straight line race they're great, but like i said handling on the maximas isn't something to write home about. i heard that a 300hp V8 was possible for the next maxima.

someone correct me if i'm wrong, stillen doesn't make a supercharger for the 3.5L v6 in the 02 maxima se's anymore do they?

· Registered
238 Posts
Time for a V8!

· Registered
365 Posts
Wouldn't they put what ever engine (ho V6 or V8) in the new rwd chassis that the g35 is in and really market the maxima as a true 4dsc (four door sports car, look at the old maxima's. They had that on the rear windows).

· Registered
1,219 Posts
Yo guys im driving my fam's Altima GLS or whatever those initials are for the Lux. edition. its like a 94, rounded and nice interior. whats with all the nissan bashing in here. I love mine for now, at least untill i can afford my own car :)

· Registered
9,883 Posts
this is just a start of the HP war thats starting. Honda is going to boos the HP of the accord too. rumors are floating like around soemthing like 225-240 Hp. the only thing i dont like about the honda accord is the auto tranny. its a piece of shit.
i have the coupe v6, replace my tranny @ 55,000 miles...fuk!
shit rumorsHG iam saving money for the new RSX_R [when/if it comes]or the s2000 next car.

· Registered
1,513 Posts
Well, if you take a look at their line-up right now you'd notice that Nissan doesn't build square looking cars. As for the predicted hp ratings, you guys should be glad Nissan is pushing the performance envelope for Japanese cars here. That only means Honda has to try harder to keep us performance nuts happy. :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.