Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

04 Nissan 350z

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ImportFan 
#1 ·

Countdown continues to "Z Day" when the heritage-rich letter returns to the Nissan lineup adorning a modern, rear-drive coupe and eventually a convertible. As the big day approaches, we've had an opportunity to review pictures of a silver Z coupe that better illustrates the production model than the orange car reviewed in our March 2001 issue . We have modified images of this show circuit darling to more closely represent the final production model. The main tweak was made to the front grille, as Nissan received criticism that it was too massive. As seen on the silver car (and illustrated here), the production grille will be narrowed and lowered a bit. The rear fascia has been revised slightly as well, with tailpipes moved out from the middle of the rear bumper to the ends, as with most dual exhausts. Also, thin back-up lights are now below the taillamps. "The concept was about 95-percent production," a Nissan official explains.
Under its sloped hood, the Z will get a version of the same 3.5L VQ V-6 used in the 2002 240-hp Altima and 260-hp Maxima, although in the Z and the 2003 Infiniti G35 it will produce about 300 horsepower. Depending on trim, the 350Z will ride on 17- or 18-inch six-spoke wheels.

Inside, the production Z eschews the concept's radical buckets for more conventional seats in cloth or leather. Still, they're asymetrical, as the driver's bucket only has an inner-thigh support set off by a darker color, matching the bolster edges of the bucket. A six-speed manual will be standard, and a limited-slip differential and traction control will be available. Another bit of good news: the interior rear strut-tower brace remains since it helps handling.

We're told the coupe will meet Nissan's base-price target of less than $30,000 when it goes on sale July 2002, with a convertible model to follow

See less See more
#2 ·
damn, i can barely wait for it to come out, even if it'll be years and years before i could actually own one. seems like a really great car.

#7 ·
the 350Z looks so much better in person than it does in pictures. With the base at 27k and the top of the line at 34k I think the new Z will sell very well. Personally I'll wait till the 2nd or 3rd year of production to see if nissan will give us a SC or Turbo version. I think it will look nice sitting beside my Z32TT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.