Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used 05 TL 6speed and it's got some coil overs on it and rides too harsh for what I want. Was thinking the H&R sport springs or Eibach. I want something a little lower and just a little firmer than stock, I think. I've unfortunately never driven a stock TL but I'm assuming it's not the firmest ride. I want to keep a nice ride quality but on the sportier side. If there are other springs I should look at and also shocks to go with them maybe some KYB's or adjustable koni's.

·
Registered
247 Posts
My wife & I have a 05 TL auto w/ nav & yeah, it s def. not the greatest handling ride. Either 1 would be good. Now R you keeping ur stock shocks. I would look into a camber kit just so you don't eat up tires , but then again not 100% sure of the tl like the civic s etc... g luck

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it's already got a camber kit on it given it's not obvious that the camber is off and it's lowered so much with the coilovers that are on it. I wish it came with the factory shocks I'd put those back on for now. Ok I'll probably call tirerack or somewhere and see if they have the spring rates on each one and go from there.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
Just bought a used 05 TL 6speed and it's got some coil overs on it and rides too harsh for what I want. Was thinking the H&R sport springs or Eibach. I want something a little lower and just a little firmer than stock, I think. I've unfortunately never driven a stock TL but I'm assuming it's not the firmest ride. I want to keep a nice ride quality but on the sportier side. If there are other springs I should look at and also shocks to go with them maybe some KYB's or adjustable koni's.
Harsh ride is more based on the shocks/struts than the springs.
If you have coil-overs and want to go with springs, you are going to have to get struts too. If you get Koni Sport struts, it has external dampening adjustment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts