1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AUTOWEEK
Posted Date: 2/15/05
1 Series showing

Don’t spend too much time studying this photo of the new top-of-the-line BMW130i hatchback premiering in Geneva in March and going on sale in Europe later this year. It’s what lies under the sheetmetal that counts for U.S. customers.

Once BMW hammers out the styling on a 1 Series sedan for the U.S. market, look for our 130i to arrive in 2006 with the same powertrain as its Euro counterpart. That means the top-of-the-line 130i will pack a 3.0-liter, 258-hp, 221-lb-ft inline six mated to a six-speed manual, which should be good for 0 to 60 mph in about 6.0 seconds. BMW says the 130i’s handling has not been adversely affected by the larger engine, noting the 130i has lapped the Nürburgring in eight minutes, 35 seconds, just 20 seconds shy of the 3.2-liter 343-hp M3.
I wonder what the sticker price will be? If it's anywhere near base 3-series, it's not even worth looking into. I hope they price this top of the line 130i under 29k.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
from that pic, body wise looks ok but i dont like the rear. looks cheap, like something you'd find on a hyundai or something lol

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
hm...not a fan of the new bimmer... numbers okay but looks OMG.. i rather drive a good lookin american car than an ugly german car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts