Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just purchased an 06 accord this past weekend.

what i did not come to realize was that this car came with aftermarket exhaust and intake.

i do not know for sure what the intake brand is (it says k&n but that could just be the filter) and the exhaust is tanabe.

i don't particularly care for the sound of the exhaust and the fact that this might've voided my factory warranty (initial delivery taken 3/07 and i am still under 30k miles) to a certain extent.

my question is - is this setup in any way a detriment to the longevity of the powertrain? does it affect the car's ability to pass smog? should i expect higher performance at the cost of lower fuel efficiency?

thanks.

· Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
and to think i was laughed at in the "classified" forum about my post count......of course I don't use this forum anymore. I had three postings all starting two weeks ago and got zero answers and one response - the one that made fun of my low post count.

this forum sucks, and to think i was a 1,000+ post count member before the DB cleaning in the early 2000s.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.