Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

I just came from the Honda dealership

BTW current vehicle: 2001 Audi A4 Avant Quattro 1.8T (170bhp)

I test drove both vehicles and I must say out of the 5 cars I've test driven (06 VW GTI, 06 Cobalt SS S/C, 06 Pontiac G6 GTP coupe, 06 Civic SI, 06 Accord EX-L V6 MT)

1) I'm extremely weiry bout leasing a american car. I have so much doubt on it

2) Cobalt SS flies

3) went to G6 forum and nothing but problems with the G6, though I love the body

4) VW GTI is a beast, the power to weight, picks up like no tomorrow, HID with auto level

5) the 06 civic SI screams to be b*tch smacked, I love the sound

5a) the civic SI is WAYYY more fun to drive and the NAV is great feature. the audio system is just blows my bose away.

6) the 06 accord ex-l is more luxious, On par if not better than current vehicle

When compared to my current vehicle

- AWD
- Turbocharged
- Leather
- Heated Seats
- Heated Mirrors
- Heated Windshield Nozzles
- Bose Audio
- aftermarket HID in aftermarket headlamp
- Sports Package

1) 06 VW GTI (200bhp)
- Can swap my rims
- HID with auto Leveling
- Leather Sport Seats
- Heated seats, mirrors, windshield Nozzles
- 6 Disc in-dash Mp3/CD player with 10 speakers
- Moonroof
- FWD
- Turbocharged

2) Chevrolet Cobalt SS S/C (205bhp)
- Underated, cars are being dynoed 210-220 stock
- (negative) really bad torque steer, car pulls the side and have to fight to get it to stay straight
- easily 250+whp without voiding warranty (GM backed staged 2 Kit)
- Leather Sport Seats
- 6 Disc in-dash Mp3/CD player
- Heated Seats
- Moonroof
- FWD
- Supercharged

3) Pontiac G6 Coupe GTP (240bhp)

4) Honda Civic SI (197bhp)
- Navigation
- Screams for sex at 8000RPM redline
- So much fun to drive
- (negative) NO LEATHER OPTION
- (negative) NO HEATED SEATS
- (negative) NO automatic climate control
- (negative) NO heated ANYTHING
- Did i mention sh*ts a blast to drive
- awesome exhaust sound after 6k RPM
- Did i mention its fun to drive?

5) Honda Accord EX-L V6 MT (244bhp)
-6 Disc in-dash CD player
- Luxious
- dual zone automatic Climate control
- Driver 8-way power seat
- heated seats
- heated mirrors
- exterior temperature guage (didn't see it though :-x)

- I knocked off the g6 coupe due to too many problems, current owners are having
- VW GTI will get me ALOT of tickets. tiny car, + turbo = wreckless driving, zigzagging thru traffic, Insurance as well expensive
- not a blast to drive as the SI, american made, really cant find any negatives about the car, great all around
- civic SI, blast to the future, NO LEATHER, NO HEATED ANYTHING. car blows. I love the navigation though

now what would you guys and gals pick

1) 2006 civic SI
- no leather, no heated anything, navigation, 8kRPM redline, blast to drive
2) 2006 accord EX-L V6 MT
- luxury, matches if not surpasses my audi

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
The cobalts dyno 228whp stock.......saw it with my own eyes. Have the vid of the pull.

You are in the Si forums.......what do you think we are gunna say? SI MOFO!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well they are 2 different cars. If you want luxury then go with the Accord. If you want fun go with the Si.

·
Registered
134 Posts
My last car was also an 01 Audi A4 1.8T Q but I had the sedan with the celebration package on it. I went with the 06 civic ex coupe/Nav because it was fun to drive. I would have got the Si but i got my car in Ocotober before honda had a release date for the Si. I have no complaints with the car although I still think I might have been better off with the accord V6 6Speed coupe. Really this is all your decesion but with the cars you listed you really cant go wrong, I would go for either one of the Honda's or the GTI ;)

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
LSteg94 said:
My last car was also an 01 Audi A4 1.8T Q but I had the sedan with the celebration package on it. I went with the 06 civic ex coupe/Nav because it was fun to drive. I would have got the Si but i got my car in Ocotober before honda had a release date for the Si. I have no complaints with the car although I still think I might have been better off with the accord V6 6Speed coupe. Really this is all your decesion but with the cars you listed you really cant go wrong, I would go for either one of the Honda's or the GTI ;)
The GTi will be fun for about 60,000 miles then itll blow up like every other VW.....

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
lets try the this or that thread up top of the forum

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.