Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay guys, if you had to pick between a 06 Civic Si and a 06 Rsx-type S, which would you choose and why? i am debating on which one i should get. If you have experience driving them, tell them here!

Here are some stats

2006 Honda Civic Si:
Horsepower: 197 @ 7800
Torque: 139 @ 6100
Redline (rpm): 8000
Curb Weight: 2877lbs
Mileage: 23/32
Weight Distribution (%, front/rear): 61/39
Price: starts at $20,290

2006 Acura RSX Type-S:
Horsepower: 201 @ 7800
Torque: 140 @ 7000
Redline (rpm): 8100
Curb Weight: 2840lbs
Mileage: 23/31
Price: starts at $23,845

These stats are from Honda.com

·
Registered
660 Posts
i am surprised to see that the si weighs more than the rsx type s !

if i had the money to buy either car, i wouldn't hesitate a second to buy the rsx type s... it's just my personal preference... since type s has that luxury factor and i like the front of the new rsx more than that of the new civic

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, i was surprised to see that the civic weighed more than the rsx also. Hmm do you know why the rsx costs more than the si? I am kinda leaning towards the Si right now, the interior of that car is really nice although i do like the exterior of the rsx more.

·
Registered
660 Posts
BubbaPhu said:
yeah, i was surprised to see that the civic weighed more than the rsx also. Hmm do you know why the rsx costs more than the si? I am kinda leaning towards the Si right now, the interior of that car is really nice although i do like the exterior of the rsx more.
couple things come to mind: leather upholstery, Bose audio system, better interior materials, probably better paint job, and Acura badge...

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
rsx-s :D

I like the styling better and the price on it is very flexible. I doubt any dealer is budging on the new SI price. Add Navi and Summer tires and your looking at 23k. I paid that brand new, out the door for my RSX-S

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
2006 Honda Civic Si:
Horsepower: 197 @ 7800
Torque: 139 @ 6100
Redline (rpm): 8000
Curb Weight: 2877lbs
Mileage: 23/32
Price: starts at $20,290

2006 Acura RSX Type-S:
Horsepower: 201 @ 7800
Torque: 140 @ 7000
Redline (rpm): 8100
Curb Weight: 2840lbs
Mileage: 23/31
Price: starts at $23,845

Hp
197<201. Winner RSX (but who notices 4 hp?)

Torque
139<140. But the Civic.s torque reading is almost 1000 rpm sooner. Winner Civic.

Redline
Who cares

Curbweight
2877>2840. Winner RSX (again, its only 33 pounds.....)

Miliage
23/32>23/31. Winner Civic (once more, It's only ONE flippin mile per gallon)

Weight dist.
61/39 for both. Draw.

Price
$20,290<$23,845. Winner, Civic.

LSD
Civic yes, RSX no. Winner Civic.

RSX=3
Civic=5

You do the math......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Here are some things to really consider because I have the same dilemma.
1) Is there an Acura dealership where you live, or at least close enough by that it won't take you two hours just to get there in case there is a problem with the car while it is still under warranty- you'll probably have to miss work, leave your car two hours or so away while you borrow your mom and dad's car or if they need it you take the bus. And ordering parts from Acura and then having to drive a ways to pick it up and then figuring out that it is the wrong part and then having to order and drive that ways again just to get the "hopefully" right part. Sounds like I've had experience? Yes, I do. Honda dealerships can be found everywhere. Even in the most podunk places and regions you'll find a Honda dealership. Acura is mainly located in bigger cities where their more luxurious qualities sell better.
2) The Si comes with Navi for less than the RSX Type S without. Also, the Si comes with an LSD which I'm not sure if the Type S also comes with. I've also found a video clip somewhere done by some car review company that said that the Si's powerband is more flat than the Type S making acceleration better in the Si.
As you can see, I'm leaning more towards the Si for these simple facts. They're both great cars and just about equals performance wise, but for the reasons listed above, I opt for the Si.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Good choise, now you can hang out in here more.

Damn the teggy/ RSX forums!!!!!!!

Just kidding, their motors say "honda" on them too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Theres really no use for a RSX unless you want to go fast but look cooler.
and a Si is a go fast economical looker.
YOu know its all in the eye of the beholder. If its up to me i would get neither of them. Accord V6 FTW baby!
Probably the only Honda i would like to drive. Im sorry but im more or a Nissan guy. =P

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
i like the way the rsx looks over the new Si. but just looking at engine numbers its a toss up. i havn't even seen a Si in perosn yet since they all seem to be sold everytime i go up to the dealer. so i could tell you which feels better driving.

i'm indifferent......i'd get both :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
gurusan said:
Don't forget the Si has a LSD...the RSX-S doesn't.
exactly. I have to agree though, I personally dont like the look of the new 2dr civics, I have yet to see a nice built Si, I think they look like crap. The RSX looks way better. Although locally I've seen the new Si's leaving these RSX's in the dust. If I would have to pick... I say RSX

1 - 20 of 23 Posts