Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know which car I should get so I need ya help. I'm planning to turbo it later on just to get more power, not planning for alot. I really like the s2000 but I can't pick up alot of people and it's not good in the winter time :(. I'm gonna go more for looks since racing is about to end. I need ya help!!

btw,
I really like the S2000, it was the car I was planning to get but the 2seater stopped me. Planning to spend around 25G.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
motors in the 06si and 06rsx-s are very similar, except the si has an lsd and is drive by wire. Also si is a $20k car and rsx-s is a $25k car. I think it really comes down to creature comforts (like new si has navi as an option) and body styling. You will also probably have better luck fitting a turbo in the rsx-s. Not a lot of room under the hood in the new civics.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
my vote goes for the S2K....personally I love the style of it and from the reviews I hear from the owners its a blast to drive. But its up to you, you can go ahead and buy a civic or an RSX.....ooooor you can go ahead and get an S2000......

·
Registered
6 Posts
if u really like the s2000 then why not get that? i mean its the car u like over both rsx and si even tho it is a 2 seater u obviously like that car more then the others. i think if u get something other then the car u really want then u'll just be disappointed later on.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd go with the SI just because of the stock performance in comparison to the Type S. I really like the aggressive look of the newer RSX's though. I would go with the S2000, but winter and rwd cars will never become friends.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Buy the S2000!! I own an 2005 RSX-type S and a 2006 S2000. I love the room of the RSX, but they are just not the same out of the box. The handling, the off the line drive, the way the driver is positioned.. The S2k is by far the better of the three.. My wife is a Sales Manager for a local Honda Dealership and so I have driven the new Si.. She also went to the special introduction day with Honda for the car, and sure people say that the car, the Si is faster and better than the RSX, but.. Drive all three.. you will see. We had a chance to buy one of the first Si in the area, but after my drive, we got the S2k..

·
Registered
152 Posts
heres the deal

ive also asked this question in the prelude forum, cause i drive a 5th gen, but the cars that i was getting were going to be evo, 350z, sti and type S, and so you can imagine. the big question for you is, how much are plannning to pay. money involved. most bang for the buck is civic si. want to stand out a bit and get mid luxury, get the rsx. if your thinking about straight up pimpness, the s2000

·
Registered
130 Posts
hi, if you like the s2k i would go for that .. im thinking about buying one because they feel nice if you sit in them..but for room wise i wouldnt if you are tall and fat..im 5'10 and 180 pds and its perfect for me yet my buddy 6'2 at 215 hates it.. but if you must ditch your dream in owning a s2k which you can get a AP1 in FL for like 17k i would get the RSX ..but thats just me ..it looks better :D

·
Registered
148 Posts
kommon_sense said:
motors in the 06si and 06rsx-s are very similar, except the si has an lsd and is drive by wire. Also si is a $20k car and rsx-s is a $25k car. I think it really comes down to creature comforts (like new si has navi as an option) and body styling. You will also probably have better luck fitting a turbo in the rsx-s. Not a lot of room under the hood in the new civics.
My dad got his brand new 06 RSX Type-S for a hair under $22,000 (but we are in Ohio, perhaps prices are different where you live).

Anyway, I like all three cars but you should remember to keep insurance costs in mind. In my opinion, the Civic Si or the S2000 are what I would go for (leaning toward the Si because it will end up being significantly cheaper in several areas). Just don't get an automatic :D

·
Registered
605 Posts
s2000 or rsx is my vote.... and jst throw a hardtop if u dunt like the convertable... ne waiz i think the s2k comes w/lsd ne waiz.... someone correct me if im wrong

·
Registered
83 Posts
what question is this...

rsx type s is the shit..

you have 2 door 4 seater...

you dont get that benifits from s2k

horse power k20a2 from type s

you dont get that on civic..

does are just little things why rsx s is the best in its class

·
Registered
699 Posts
dens_310 said:
what question is this...

rsx type s is the shit..

you have 2 door 4 seater...

you dont get that benifits from s2k

horse power k20a2 from type s

you dont get that on civic..

does are just little things why rsx s is the best in its class
1. The s2k will outperfrom the rsx in any other category besides the interior. It's one helluva car if you're looking for a good track car.

2. The civic gets a k20z3, which is nearly identical to the rsx's k20a2/z1. Also the Si gets an lsd...a major benefit imo.

3. The rsx is not the best in it's class, it was for a split second, hence why they're discontinuing it.

4. This thread is old, no need to beat around the bush. (fanboys.... :bash )

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
S2k >*

Honestly, if you say a FR car isn't fun in the winter, than you shouldn't have been born. LOL

Especially an S2000!! lol

Seriously, if you think a FWD in the winter > RWD's... you seriously need to rethink shit.. I'd much rather spin out and be able to control it (somewhat) in my S2000, versus turning one way full-lock and the car still slides straight ahead... lol. you can't exactly recover from that.. unless you just plow into a snowbank or wall. LOL

honestly, both situations can happen in both platforms... FWD & RWD... Its just that a RWD is more predictable AND more fun! (imo ;) lol)

to each his own..

besides, the less nagging friends I have to worry about dragging around..

let me give you a situation here about my S2000 vs. my E36 M3. haha..

alrighty, I show up at the local hangout and see some old friends (girls of course..) and I'm in the M3 at this point.. k? They all see my new (older) car and they all want a ride.. there's 4 of them.. 3 petite hotties, one fattie.. well guess what, the one fattie ends up riding shotgun... haha, therefore.. it looks like i'm favoring her fatass.. when really, i wanna hookup with the fine-ass sitting right behind me.. lol

now, if i showed up in the S2000.. i could easily be like.. ahh, well. hey you.. fineass i wanna hook up with, i haven't seen you in FOREVER, I'll take you out for a ride... and say fuck it, maybe some other time to the other chicks.. lol..EASY MONEY.

Its just less people to drag around, and less gas wasted trying to haul 500lbs+ of friends, versus one 110lb chick or 200lb buddy.. ya know? lol

IMO. Don't shoot the messenger ;) lol :hehe

Just an idea.

But, go for the S2000 =)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.