Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
There has been a lot of rumors about the 07 RSX, some say it will be discountinued some say it will be redesigned. I personally dont think Honda would drop the integra. But only time will tell.

·
Registered
13,201 Posts
Yeah i'm kind of surprised we haven't heard more news about it. For some reason I heard the 06 Civic Si might be taking over since the rsx-s/Si are almost hte same car....

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
As as Prelude driver, I would really like something to upgrade to. I can't get into the new Si, it's too funky looking. I hope they come out with a next gen RSX that is turbo from the factory like the upcoming RDX.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The new civic stepped it up in engine power and added navigation. I dont see how honda can release an 07 acura rsx without making changes and market a "luxury" version of a civic with less features.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
FiveOwe said:
The new civic stepped it up in engine power and added navigation. I dont see how honda can release an 07 acura rsx without making changes and market a "luxury" version of a civic with less features.
how much did you pay for your 06 rsx?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
RSD said:
i think hondas axing the integra. its had a great run but the new Si just took over that category. i heard acura is gonna make the tsx a coupe and later a convertible ....?
I dont think they are nessarely "axing" the integra. I think the integra will still be the integra in Japan. I did hear rumors of them rebadging the rsx as the tsx coupe. If it come with tsx projectors.. :clap Id trade in my rsx quick!

·
Registered
26 Posts
AyIdAPhUCk said:
I dont think they are nessarely "axing" the integra. I think the integra will still be the integra in Japan. I did hear rumors of them rebadging the rsx as the tsx coupe. If it come with tsx projectors.. :clap Id trade in my rsx quick!

I remember reading somewhere before the tsx came out that it was thought to be a sedan of the rsx.

·
Registered
495 Posts
ck98vteC said:
As as Prelude driver, I would really like something to upgrade to. I can't get into the new Si, it's too funky looking. I hope they come out with a next gen RSX that is turbo from the factory like the upcoming RDX.
Since the next integra might be a tsx coupe it might look similar to the si.
Rumors say a 2.3 liter turbo with sh-awd. Others say just dropped. I dont think there will be an 07 but they might bring it back for 2008 redesigned.

·
Registered
19 Posts
RSX is dead. 2006 is last year for it. in 08, look for a tsx coupe, more luxury than rsx. acura is aiming for BMW, so no more lil sport coupes in its line up. how do i know? i work for acura

·
Registered
55 Posts
EK4me said:
RSX is dead. 2006 is last year for it. in 08, look for a tsx coupe, more luxury than rsx. acura is aiming for BMW, so no more lil sport coupes in its line up. how do i know? i work for acura
i read thsi is Motor Trend yesterday.

The Civic Si gives the same performance for less price.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
EK4me said:
Yeah, so!...... An employee at a Honda once told me that for 07' there is going to be a return of the prelude to replace the S. I dont think thats going to happen anytime at all so I just humored the dumb bastard. :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
As I read, the only way to keep the RSX sales in the US up was to bring over the Type-R. The new Si just out performs the RSX as is, and the Type-R shows the Si up in power and performance. Otherwise it'll be discontinued in the US. Honda lost money putting the K20 in the Civic Si. The RSX Type-S cost more and is being out performed by a cheaper car. That's like throwing a Cobalt SS engine into a Metro and selling it at a Metro's price, it's a loss of profit.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
legacyo13 said:
As I read, the only way to keep the RSX sales in the US up was to bring over the Type-R. The new Si just out performs the RSX as is, and the Type-R shows the Si up in power and performance. Otherwise it'll be discontinued in the US. Honda lost money putting the K20 in the Civic Si. The RSX Type-S cost more and is being out performed by a cheaper car. That's like throwing a Cobalt SS engine into a Metro and selling it at a Metro's price, it's a loss of profit.
kinda but not really. metro (which doesnt exist anymore, it's now an aveo) is a completely different platform (& not really made by chevy, it's actually a chinese designed {by Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation, SAIC} & korean built car {by daewoo}.

the civic and RSX at least shared the same major platform.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
legacyo13 said:
I know. Just using it as an example to show the loss of profit the company would make.
yup. though it's not exactly like they're losing money. the price of the new Si is about what the type-s cost when it was released.

they're just making more money w/ the Si than they otherwise would w/ the RSX, the RSX was still turning a profit.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.