Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
10 second street legal hatch (full interior). Guy is running a GSR, but that's all that's known. (He is the one who beats the Viper :cool: ).

Time is unfortunatly not shown.:( (but its no doubt in the 10s)

> > > DOWNLOAD < < <

(To download: Right Click -> select -> "Save Target As...")

·
Banned
2,939 Posts
Go to www.houston-imports.com if you want to see more vids of this guy. He's the guy that smokes the viper out at the street races in houston. If you you've seen that vid it was filmed at Brittmoore. He also has an 11 sec 240sx that i've seen in person once at airtex.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: real good guy

SpoonDOHCVTEC said:
He knows how to tune a car...as you can see. Knows what he is Doing
umm yes. He owns a shop and actually has a Viper himself!:cool:

·
Registered
259 Posts
10 secs eh?

If it does have a GSR motor runnin 10 sec 1/4 mile what would you think a type-R motor in a civ hatchback would do?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Re: 10 secs eh?

Rice_Eater143 said:
If it does have a GSR motor runnin 10 sec 1/4 mile what would you think a type-R motor in a civ hatchback would do?
Hello??? Can't you hear his turbo??? I am sure that he has full built GSR engine boosted by some big A$$ turbo like t66... Type R engine (b18c) can't stand much boost because of it's higher compression piston ratio...If he swap that in a type R engine, he can see only 12sec and not 10sec...

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Re: Re: 10 secs eh?

dptkfil said:
Hello??? Can't you hear his turbo??? I am sure that he has full built GSR engine boosted by some big A$$ turbo like t66... Type R engine (b18c) can't stand much boost because of it's higher compression piston ratio...If he swap that in a type R engine, he can see only 12sec and not 10sec...
Good explanation...

I think Ricer Eaters name explains it all... (you are what you eat!:D )

·
Registered
500 Posts

dptkfil said:
this makes no sense. so youre saying just because the GSR motor has lower compression is can run faster. if you build the B18C5 you can run just as fast, if not faster, than the C1 will. if its built whats the compression matter? just put lower compression pistons in it and you'll have the same compression. youre comparing a built C1 to a stock C5

i have a friend with an Eclipse that built his motor and he raised the compression for his turbo. if its built strong enough and tuned right the motor wont blow no matter what the compression is

·
Registered
500 Posts

dptkfil said:
you got any pics of whats listed in your sig? what does "DRAG turbo kit ----> custom kit" mean? i dont believe you got any of that shit

Rice_Eater143 - my friend ran a 14.0 with a stock B18C5 in her 99 Hatch with a lot of wheel spin

·
Registered
259 Posts
Thanks for the info 98accord
i was talking to a guy with a CRX Civic Si engine and he said he beat a dude with Type R civic htchbk.... then i talked to the dude with the type R and he said he wasnt even racing... Damn i hate liars

·
Registered
34 Posts
its a full built and t00ned b18c1 with a t3/t4, and as the owner of that hatch has said lower compression isnt necessarily better it just gives a larger margin of error when t00ning the turbo.
http://www.houston-imports.com/
go there and click on the multimedia tab and watch any vidoes about st00pid to see the hatch in action.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
he dont have the hatch no more but he has a stock block ls at 20PSI! cuz its tooned st00pidly!:p he posted here a wile ago with the s/n st00pid

·
Registered
4,112 Posts
This guy is a funny little liar!

Posted by DPTKFIL in his sig:

2000 Prelude SS--> 5 sp LSD
Drag Gen II Turbo--> Custom turbo kit with t-60 turbo
, Custom Daul Exhaust, VIS Body Kit, Custom Body Works, Kameleon Kolor paint job, Apexi Boost Controller, AutoMeter (air, fuel, boost gauges)--> Apexi air, fuel, boost gaugaes, HKS S.S.Q.V, Spearco water injection system, Darkton Sleeve, JE Piston 10:1, Crower Rod, Half-life knife edge with Micro-polish crank, DFI-->maybe to Hondata, Tial Wastegate, RC 1100 cc injectors, MSD, Crower Stage II head, STR intake manifod, Spoon Front & Rear Strut Bar, and Tein HA, Volks Racing Gram Light Pro 18s

Custom Daul Exhaust- hahaha daul exhaust!

AutoMeter (air, fuel, boost gauges)--> Apexi air, fuel, boost gaugaes- So he has the same gauges from autometer and Apexi? LOL

HKS S.S.Q.V- What the hell is that? Super Seqential Queer Vulva?

Spearco water injection system- Spearco claims not to know what this is.

Darkton Sleeve- Wow, Darton is gonna sue somebody!

JE Piston 10:1- Hmmmmmmm

Half-life knife edge with Micro-polish crank- Whole life is just too heavy for turbo.

RC 1100 cc injectors- To think, the 1000 HP Signal auto Skyline only has 1,000 cc injectors

Crower Stage II head- Crower Does headwork?

Spoon Front & Rear Strut Bar- Spoon bars must have been custom made for him for a prelude.

Bro, you don't have to lie to be my friend. GIVE IT UP! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
192 Posts
DPKFIL is right..

Not too flame anyone, (cause i am probobly the nicest guy on this board :) but he is right the b18c5 is a N/A motor and it should stay a na motor. Those babies were ment to be all motor and thats pretty much it. The head configuration; valves and port flow have na characteristics. I meen even the ca cams are ment to be 110% perfect for all motor. And lets get down dirty to the block.. haha those pistons and rings would have to go for sure- the compression on the C5 is crazy high. Youd have to re-sleeve etc. I meen if you had LOTS of money to spend you could "START" with a B18c5 but literaly would have to replace almost every single part to boost as high as st00pid did. Youd most likely have to get a C1 head and just re-due the bottom from there... So yea you could make it as fast as the built C1 but it woud be very time consuming, hard to find parts and EXPENSIVE.

And NyceGuy you are also right..
No offense at all SPK cause your one of my pals on the turbo forum, but.. 1100 cc injectors are just a "tad" big lol. And there is such a thing as a water injetion sytem but I have only herd of it being used on the rally wrx sti over in the WRC cicuit..

·
Registered
500 Posts
to be running 10's youve gotta be pushin about 30 lbs and you arent doin that on a C1 without new sleeves, rods, pistons, headwork. its gonna take the same work to do a C5 as the C1. its just the core cost is more expensive. you can run 30 lbs with stock compression on the C5 if its built and tuned right and you'll make more power than the C1 will. you just have to tune it better and one little mistake and your motors gone

·
Registered
9 Posts
What do you mean with "a 10second car" ?
here in Europe we always say "seconds -> 0-100" (for example 8 seconds 0-100Km/h or 8 seconds 0-60MPH)

Greetz! :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
freak20 said:
What do you mean with "a 10second car" ?
here in Europe we always say "seconds -> 0-100" (for example 8 seconds 0-100Km/h or 8 seconds 0-60MPH)

Greetz! :D

hehe they mean in the quarter mile buddy:p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts