Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody I just joined up on here and I have 2008 Civic Si coupe that I do plan on going to the dragstrip, 1/4mile btw. I have a K&N short ram on it now, but in a week I will be ordering Strup race header, skunk2 70mm exhaust, throttle body spacer, and a ACT Streetlight flywheel, oh and the Ingalls "Stiffy" engine torque damper for 60ft. times. It will still have the stock shitty tires on, yeah I know thats a big downfall cause they sucked ass when the car was even stock. What do you guys think it could run in the 1/4 after these mods? I've had a lot of practice at launching, still hate the delays in between shifts freakin Drive-by-wire sucks. If anybody has any advice about the setup I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
1/4 mile times on paper, ftl.

just wait until a few runs and you will get a good idea of how much of an improved time you made over stock; of course, this also depends on climate, drivers skill, etc.

·
Registered
41,903 Posts
who knows what you will put down.. its all a matter of how good of a driver you are.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I was just curious what you guys think it could run with say a descent launch, and hitting every gear dead on without falling below 6k. Im pretty damn sure I could get mid to low 14's with the mods and high 13's maybe if I could get a set of drag radials. My main goal right now is just to break into the 13's. I definantly know what you guys mean about driver skill a buddy of mine had a bone stock 1998 Type-R and waxed a late 90's model Vette in the quarter, guess Vette driver couldn't drive for race for shit. Thanks for the input fellas.

·
Premium Member
23,754 Posts
you're looking mid 14's with the mods if you're lucky...13's with drag radials...keep dreaming.

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
drive it? Don't ask us for 1/4 times, figure them out the fun way

Bench racing is the most pointless shit ever

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.