Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Mid 13's is not easy with a all motor b16. Hope you are going to gut your car. Also 4.5-5.0 60 ft should put you in the 12's easy.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ElectronBlueSi said:
ok....thanks man....I was just wondering....I'm goin for mid 13's all motor and about 4.5 to 5.0 for 0-60 time..I was wondering what stock was......I think thats pretty reasonable right??
good block going that far. As far as I'm concern, got o 13s, you have to take hte engine apart, and built it form the ground up, and fine tune it. and makes your car weight less than 2000lbs.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Once my clutch goes in, im knockin on 13's door.

but i dont have a b16......

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I C, well, I'm probably lookin at a toda stroker kit and toda vtec killer cams and various other stuff but those are the big ones.....and a LOT of tuning on a dyno......I should be pretty close then..

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
ElectronBlueSi said:
I C, well, I'm probably lookin at a toda stroker kit and toda vtec killer cams and various other stuff but those are the big ones.....and a LOT of tuning on a dyno......I should be pretty close then..
Sure you would be close but why waste all that money on useless stuff?

Why buy a Toda Stroker kit when you can just swap out the b16 block for a b18b,b18c, or b20?

A nicely built b16 head on a high compression b18 block should get you very low 14's if not in the 13's.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I defenitely agree a motor swap would be best but I would rather keep the b16 for some reason.....if I had enough money, I would put a b18c5 in there and that would be awesome but I absolutely love the b16 for some reason....it just sucks that it lacks torque..

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
With the money you would be spending on the stroker kit and cams you could easily have a b18c5. :rolleyes

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I'm my opinion, a B16a is only capable of so much. After adding the stroker kit and cams you've invested quite a chunk of change into a motor that can't really co any farther. If I were you, I'd sell the B16a, build a B20 or something close to that, and then youd have the torque you were looking for, plus still have money in the bank for alot of other upgrades.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
if you have to have a stroker kit, buy a b18 and stroke that bitch, stroke it up to 2.0 or just buy a b20 block and do the b20/vtec. Its more afforable than a b18c5 and youll have more tourqe than any stock b series motor. for about thew price of swapping a b18c5 into my car ive got an ls/vtec build and im putting out WAY MORE power and torque. I run down the two type r's that are around here easily....

·
Registered
205 Posts
gurusan said:
? It's do-able.
you know to even do that you have to make your civic a fully race car. as if the stock interior weren;t sorry enough, modifying to reduce weight make less toleratble for a daily driver.

The best I;'ve seen are RSX with full motor swap, camms change, and a bunch of shit done to drivetrain that run 13s with full interior, but he also mention is not his daily driver anymore.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.