Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,189 Posts
psstoffprelude said:
Is there any way to put the ATTS from a SH on a Base model, and how much does this run, what parts or how many parts are neccessary for the install. Where in g-d's name do i find an ATTS system? I hear you can't have an LSD and ATTS but didn't the Type-S in Japan feature both? And again i guess a common question is which is better ATTS or LSD? Should i just throw an LSD on there and be content instead of shelling out the money to swap the ATTS, is it a pretty close comparison? And if anybody can tell me why I didn't buy a damn SH from tampa instead of driving to Orlando and having the "brand new" motor blow when i got back to Miami and then find out a year later the car was a rebuild? Use car-fax, because i'll beat the kid with a cam shaft but now i really want leather seats in a type SH with a Type S motor, AND I DON'T HAVE one and that sucks! Now i have to fix the whole left side of my base model thanks to a hit and run 3.25i. Can you say $6,000 and not 1hp gain?(engine and body repair).
LSD and ATTS are not the same, but the LSD will probably be simpler, more reliable, and cheaper to install. Its not worth huge trouble and expense to make a base lude into an SH. Im just glad I got an SH from the beginning. Sorry to hear your car got smacked by a bimmer... :(

· Registered
1,189 Posts
psstoffprelude said:
yeah BMW sucks, and so do most of their drivers but thats ok the M3 is dope. The real question is can I put both ATTS and a Limited Slip Differential? And if i can about how much would that run me? I was gonna buy the interior from a type SH but I figured i'd prolly end up only having 2 racing seats and no back seats in the end.
NOOO! You cant have ATTS and LSD. Just install LSD or sell your car for a Type SH. BTW the U.S. Type SH does not have standard leather seats. The only interior diff is leather shift knob, steering wheel, and door lights, oh and the ATTS light on the dash :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.