Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
936 Posts
The 97-98 5th Gen accords have 195 HP. The 99-01 have 200 HP. It is the same engine, what makes the 5 hp difference? I am planning on getting a 5th gen lude and I see a 98 Type SH locally listed for $11k, which isnt bad. But I might wait for a 99-01 Base or SH because of the extra HP and the mesh grill that the 97-98 does not have.

For my Accord LX, all you have to do is change the intake manifold of ur F22A4 to the F22A6 and you get the HP that the Accord EX has. Is it the same way with the 5th gen luds?

· Registered
936 Posts
How hard is it to change the clutch on a Type SH prelude? Is it REALLY difficult for a noobie to do by himself in his backyard? I know a Honda dealershop would charge 1000+ to change the clutch/flywheel, and most shops around me I wouldn't trust to know anything about the ATTS unit. Would it require any special tools? On another prelude forum one person said they found it easier to remove the ENTIRE engine from the car and change the clutch then to try and do it with the car jacked up. I hope he was just a dumbass, and it can be changed easy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.