Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope you guys can tell me the quartermile of an EG hatch with an B18c5 motor and with i/h/e only.

Any tips for drag racing? im planning to use this as platform, seems like a good power/ratio combi. thanks!

God bless!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Get a CX or VX (2,200 lbs or so), with an R engine and decent i/h/e (about 175 whp), you'll be mid-high 13's on slicks, around 14.0 on streets.

Only real advice I'd give as a veteran racer is get out and do it ..... experience does wonders for a driver.

This really belongs in the hybrid forum (if they made one yet).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know someone with a EK sedan with a b18c5 motor and they dyno rating gave him 156whp....is there something wrong with that? he dynoed with 17in rims.

How much hp on the dyno can u get with a EG n a B18C5??

thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
My R dynoed at 160.8 stock with 2,000 miles on it. Your friends is a pretty weak engine (unless the dyno was off, or it was on a Mustang dyno - they tend to give lower peak numbers).

With i/h/e/cam gears/underdrive pulleys/tuning I was at 175 whp/125 wtorque.

Engine makes the power, doesn't matter what car it is in.

The skies the limit for power. Highest all motor I've seen with just a bored B18C5 and all kinds of goodies was 240 whp/160 wtorque. Not a very streetable motor though ...... 215 streetable is quite possible. And that in an EG is about low 12's on slicks and stripped down for the track.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh cool! hmm im learning something .. hehe!

How about turbocharging a b18c5 on an EG hatch
I know its designed for N/A but I think it does good in 1/4miles

whatcha think?

·
Registered
301 Posts
<sigh> If only my sticky post was still around .... </sigh>

I actually had a really long post going over exactly what could/could not/should/should not be done to Type R engines ....

With boost, you could theoretically get as much as 600 whp if it is built right. On stock internals, 8 psi is about the limit of what you would want to do, which would be good for around 250-280 whp.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you actually mean when you said..." after the dyno they tuned it"

what did they do to your engine?
What did they do?

Did they make you by some stuffs for the head or the block?

thanks!

·
Registered
301 Posts
I tuned it.

Adjustable cam gear and adj. fuel tuning. The dyno is your friend. It is the only way you know if you actually get any real power from a mod.

·
Registered
61 Posts
fastest n/a in new zealand i think
ALLMTR has a stock b18c (so he says)(yes not type R, just gsr engine) in his eg civic. 1/4 is 12.95s

·
Registered
301 Posts
Unless his hatch is totally gutted, down to about 1,800 pounds, he's full of shit, that ain't stock .......

·
Registered
301 Posts
Impressive!

An i/h/e GS-R swap (of course the B18C GS-R engine in your side of the world is rated at 180 hp stock) good for 12.95!!

Definitely a gutted and lightened car!

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
my buddie pulled off 13.8 w/ just a stock gsr with intake and exh. skunk2 coils and on the stock 175 13s

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
BFK_SI_EG said:
my buddie pulled off 13.8 w/ just a stock gsr with intake and exh. skunk2 coils and on the stock 175 13s
Yeah on 13in tires street tires. Bull shit unless we're talking a GSR swapped into a Civic CX or CRX. Anyway theres an EG hatch here with an R swap he ran 14.0 flat on his best run.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
gs_r95 said:
there are a few around me with a stock b18c5 that run mid to high 12's mid 13's with a b18c1 and mid 13's with h22a so if you are a good driver a b18c5 in a eg with slicks should be 12's on street tires low 13's
They don't run low 13's stock in a civic swap on street tires. :td definately not LOW 13's maybe a 13.9 if they're lucky

·
Registered
38 Posts
ha....i happed to know many people with gsr and itr swaps in egs and NONE of them pull low 13s on stock. and on the stock ITR pullin mid to high 12s, haha, bullshit. just how stupid are you. a stock itr motor in a cx EG could pull maybe a 13.5 on its best day, with optimum conditions. so give up on the 12s.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts