Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets see some of those 1/4 times of your bases and s's :)... i wouldnt mind seeing what you guys ran.. i also want to know what mods you got with it..

·
Registered
345 Posts
My buddy's w/ an intake ran 14.7 range..

He hated they standing limiter, so would bog off the line, but once he got rolling , pretty impressive!!! He now has the injen intake, very nice part, comes w/ heat shield all polished and looks good!! 14.7's and stock rubber w/ intake/ no exhaust

Mark

( he made an intake last summer, he hasn't ran w/ new injen one on yet)

TYPE S is a bad ass car, at the track he gets me only by a couple tenths, but on the roll, he says good bye to me!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: My buddy's w/ an intake ran 14.7 range..

MarkGSR said:
once he got rolling , pretty impressive!!! He now has the injen intake, very nice part, comes w/ heat shield all polished and looks good!! 14.7's and stock rubber w/ intake/ no exhaust

TYPE S is a bad ass car, at the track he gets me only by a couple tenths, but on the roll, he says good bye to me!!!
14.7 with only intake is very impressive... what was his time before his intake?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Whoa!

So what else was done for the 13.06 run besides 40 shot of Nos?? That is VERY fast time!!! The Type S does have tons of potential, just wonder how ya get off the line good N/A w/ that limiter?? That is what he hates.....

* My buddy never ran the car stock.....you guys should really look into the injen intake w/ heat shield , very nice part/gain!!

Later!

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
All his mods are listed below. I believe the car is lightened as well. As for the Injen intake, I wouldn't recommend it because a lot of owners are reporting cracks in the heatshield which causes an annoying rattle. AEM makes a short ram and CAI for the RSX that can be a better alternative. The short rams both give equal gains though.

Intake:AEM
Wing:APR
Coil-over Suspension :B&G
C-West Body Kit
Wheels:Enkei
Electric Fan:Flex-a-lite
Flexite Windows:Flex-a-lite
Nitrous Kit:NOS
Tires:Toyo
Catback exhaust:Comptech
Battery relocation kit:MOROSO
Motor Mounts & Suspension bushings:Energy Suspension
Rear Sway Bar:progress
Camber kit:Ingalls
Brake Pads:EBC
Vinyl Graphics:Modern Image San Diego

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
RSX-S said:
All his mods are listed below. I believe the car is lightened as well. As for the Injen intake, I wouldn't recommend it because a lot of owners are reporting cracks in the heatshield which causes an annoying rattle. AEM makes a short ram and CAI for the RSX that can be a better alternative. The short rams both give equal gains though.

Intake:AEM
Wing:APR
Coil-over Suspension :B&G
C-West Body Kit
Wheels:Enkei
Electric Fan:Flex-a-lite
Flexite Windows:Flex-a-lite
Nitrous Kit:NOS
Tires:Toyo
Catback exhaust:Comptech
Battery relocation kit:MOROSO
Motor Mounts & Suspension bushings:Energy Suspension
Rear Sway Bar:progress
Camber kit:Ingalls
Brake Pads:EBC
Vinyl Graphics:Modern Image San Diego
flex-a-lite windows?!?!

·
Registered
345 Posts
Maybe like plexi-glass windows?? Very impressive w/ 40 shot!! I will tell my buddy to keep an eye on that heat shield, so far though no problems, looks very nice though/sounds/feels good! Pretty quiet til' VTEC kicks in' then ya got the ROAR!!!!!

Lates!

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
honestly...you guys think he ran a 13.06 1/4 mile time on 40 shot nitrous....besides....rsx type S's have problems running nitrous...its dangerous running nitrous on them...only wet kits can be ran!

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey MarkGSR, you the same guy that used to own the Dodge Neon?? What times are you running with your GSR?? What kinda mods?? My friend there in Spokane with a prelude VTEC is running mid 13s all motor. Well that's what he says but I haven't seen his setup for awhile now. I also heard that there's a NX there running 12s with a custom turbo setup.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yeahp I am'

The Nissan NX 2000 is my brother, at the end of season he hit the 11's!!! :) My GSR is simple, just Aem cold air, Greddy Header, Exhaust, and at the track I run Nitto drags....14.81 92mph avg.

Do I know ya??

My brother did more weight redux. and bigger turbo and internals and so on, so looking like lower 11's won't be out of reach!

Uhmm..the 13's sec. prelude I am thinking " Bottle " :)

Take it easy'

Mark

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'm not sure if you remember me but I'm the guy who owns the red prelude with all those decals and the big wing?? :D I took it all off. Just looks mostly stock now. I moved here to Seattle last year. I was going to do a h23a/VTEC head swap but I did some research and found out it's not that reliable. A lot of the LS/VTECs I've seen either smoke a lot or have some kinda weird idling problem. They have lots of power but it's too unreliable for me. I deceided to go with a JDM h22a. It didn't come with a tranny so I had to reuse my old h23a1 with longer gearing. Still deciding now on whether to go All motor(JUN) or Forced induction(F-max turbo). My brother just bought a RSX-type S. The track in Bremerton is opening up in March and he wants a run at me. :D What happened to your Neon?? Didn't you put a lot of $$ into it?? Anyways, well I'm hoping to get into the mid 14s this coming March. We'll see.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Oh yeah, forgot to ask, Did your brother used to have a sentra that had hydros on it?? I saw it at the track running I think it was 11s. How did he switch so fast from the lowrider scene to the import scene? Is he gonna help you fix up your car??

1 - 20 of 25 Posts