Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've got a 98 DX hatch with a 96 spec JDM B18C swap, Intake, exhaust. I should run 14's flat. Stock Srt-4 runs 14.4-14-6. So I thought hell, Why not race one. I lost by about 3-4 cars. Right after that I G-teched it. That piece of shit said I ran a [email protected] with a 2.3sec 60 ft.(tires suck ass). And I also threw down some mean shifts. I'm bout rdy to give up on hondas. Any ideas why my car's so slow? :(

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
A SRT4 is faster than a mid 14 second car in the correct hands. I seen them with driveout tags in 04 bone stock pulling 13.8's. You should be quicker though being I have also seen bolt on ITR's which weigh a good bit more than your car go high to mid 13's. Tires do play a big roll though so how bad are yours?

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have some no name brand 7 inch wide dry tires size 205/50/15. I am trying to get my hands on some hx wheels with some sticky tires.
Well I guess my car isn't all that bad if I beat an 04 Golf GTI 1.8T with 17 psi and 3" full exhaust with FMIC and some more goodies.
Oh and btw I live in utah when elevation is around 3900 feet. So that's probably why i've never seen a stock srt-4 do any better than a mid to low 14.

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh and I noticed at lot, I mean A Lot of powerloss after I put on exhaust. I have a 2.5" magnaflow cat, 3 feet of pipe and a 2.5" magnaflow resonator, that's it. At least it felt a low slower to me.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Well I run 14.0-14.2 and trap 100-101. Usually my first run after driving 1 hour to the track is like a 14.4 @99 or so. Plus never go by g-tech. It said I ran a [email protected] the first time I used it :rolleyes .

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
JDM_Honda said:
oh and I noticed at lot, I mean A Lot of powerloss after I put on exhaust. I have a 2.5" magnaflow cat, 3 feet of pipe and a 2.5" magnaflow resonator, that's it. At least it felt a low slower to me.
I'd say that is part of your problem I would honestly go with a 2.25 inch exhaust unless you plan on boosting

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, the SRT-4 was stock and I think I figured out why I was so slow. I took my cat off today and put another magnaflow resonator on, my car breaks it loose when It hits vtec once again. To me it feels like my cat caused all of my powerloss. Thanks for the input guys :tu

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
98civic4door said:
I'd say that is part of your problem I would honestly go with a 2.25 inch exhaust unless you plan on boosting
naah, I am starting to piece together a nice turbo kit and I am going to have 3" exhaust then, so for right now, I'll be fine with what I have :)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
JstAneon said:
LOL. Mine too. Gotta keep that warranty. ;)
Soon mine will be slightly out of warranty :ninja

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
JstAneon said:
Truthfully if I took it in to get some warranty work done, they would probably laugh in my face. :lol2

:lol2 hehe me too :lol2

1 - 19 of 19 Posts