Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a good choice spring for my 01 SH? I want a nearly stock ride with a minimal drop maybe like 1"-1.25". .I purchased the car not too long ago with some 2-2.5 drop springs on it, and my tires are worn like crap. They are also real stiff

Right now, the eibachs look pretty good to me.

Any suggestions?

My first post, be nice!

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Don't quote me on this, but I don't recall ever seeing springs that only lowered 1". I'm riding on H&R sports, and love them so far. The drop is 1.5". I've heard a lot of people in here that like the same. I'm not really sure why, but you almost never hear someone in this forum suggesting Eibach springs, even though they're a good name.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bob12345,

I have been looking mainly on ebay, I'll do a search for prelude springs or prelude eibach or something. I usally find eibach, or tein or sometimes tanabe.

The Tanabes have like 3 different types of springs, NF, DF, GF.
The NF are 'normal feeling' with like 1.5" drop and +10% rates
GF 'grip feeling' have I think less drop, but 30% more spring rate.
DF means 'Down Feeling'? I think they have big drop and rates too.

I heard the eibachs have a reasonable spring rate similar to stock, but I have seen so many different drops quoted like 1.3 - 1.5".

I don't know much about the Teins, they have a cheap price tag, so I only wonder how good quality they are.

Any more input?

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
make sure you guys keep a eye on the inner side of your CV joint boot because for some reasion the SH when lowered has torn boots and some times the CV joints get worn out

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
SpecalK said:
make sure you guys keep a eye on the inner side of your CV joint boot because for some reasion the SH when lowered has torn boots and some times the CV joints get worn out
hmm, never heard that. Thanks for the heads up.

chrisjen.......

I'd stay away from the tanabes, I've never heard anything real good about them.

As far as tein, I know their coilover systems are one of the best available, but I don't know much about their springs alone.

Eibach is a really good name, but like I said before, not a big one for preludes (no idea why, they're one of the favorites among accord owners)

If you decide you wanna go with H&R, I can point you to a place to get them for 155 shipped. I found neuspeeds for 145 shipped too.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
BlackssVtec said:
tein s-techs are the way to go man a+++++
not sure, but it doesn't sound to me that he wants to drop a grand on it.

he's right though, if you've got the dough, tein makes awesome stuff.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bob12345,
What is the Neuspeed and H&R spring rates compared to stock, and what is the approx drop?

Tein S-techs are just springs, and I've read that they're pretty good, no sag and whatnot, but they are so stinkin cheap! I wonder about the quality. Like bob12345 said, the Teins are primo for coilovers.... I guess I could assume a similar quality for the springs.

No, I don't want to drop a grand, I probably won't ever auto-x or even drag for that rate. So, I don't care to spend that much.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
chrisjen said:
Bob12345,
What is the Neuspeed and H&R spring rates compared to stock, and what is the approx drop?

Tein S-techs are just springs, and I've read that they're pretty good, no sag and whatnot, but they are so stinkin cheap! I wonder about the quality. Like bob12345 said, the Teins are primo for coilovers.... I guess I could assume a similar quality for the springs.

No, I don't want to drop a grand, I probably won't ever auto-x or even drag for that rate. So, I don't care to spend that much.
I haven't seen any numbers for the spring rates on these two, but I can tell you that the H&Rs on mine are quite a bit stiffer. I also have my struts set as stiff as they go right now. Most of the time I love how it feels, but it's definately a rougher ride. I rode in a Z06 not too long ago, and I'd say it was only a little stiffer than mine. Wish my suspension overall was as good as that car, but anyway.

I really don't know how the neuspeeds compare to the H&Rs. But I would think they are reasonably similar for the same drop.

Both of them will drop your car about 1.5 inches all around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts