Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know the thing packs like 230 ish HP, but what exactly is in it? i remember reading that it was a SOHC.....

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Doesnt it cut 3 cylinders at crusing speed to save fuel?

·
Registered
13,443 Posts
MacTown said:
Doesnt it cut 3 cylinders at crusing speed to save fuel?
nope, at least nothing I have read about it has said that. And thats a heavy vehicle to run on 3. and its MPG doesn't show that it does 16/21

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Hmmm? Dont know where i heard that/ or thought that up??? :confused

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
The Ridgeline has 255HP. The Odyssey has the same engine but it has the 3 cylinder cutoff system (VCM, variable cylinder management). I like that ridgeline. Very strudy and quiet as hell.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
BBs99 said:
same engine as the pilot/accord v6.
pilot and odyssey, yes, but not the accord

and yes, it is a SOHC V6.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Whens honda gonna make a V8 for it, so we can see Ridgelines in the Craftsman Truck Series!!!!! :hehe

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
MacTown said:
Hmmm? Dont know where i heard that/ or thought that up??? :confused
The Dodge Magnum and Charger does that. They call it "MDS" or "Multiple-Displacement System". Not sure if any of the trucks have it, but I would assume so...

The advanced Multiple Displacement System (MDS) uses electronics to switch from eight cylinders to four during cruising and light acceleration, delivering up to 350 horsepower with the fuel economy of a large V6. The transition is seamless and imperceptible, requiring a mere 40 milliseconds (0.04 seconds) to activate or deactivate the telescoping lifters, fuel injectors, and sparkplugs.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Tuning 101 said:
The Dodge Magnum and Charger does that. They call it "MDS" or "Multiple-Displacement System". Not sure if any of the trucks have it, but I would assume so...

my dads 05 tahoe does that, but not for the sake of saving fuel. if theres a cooling problem and the computer detects heat above the set standard, it shuts down 4 cylinders to help cool the engine down.

·
Registered
535 Posts
My boss just bought one, really nice truck. It's got awesome torque and power. With the independent suspension it rides out like an Accord and has plenty of power to get around with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
They are pretty sweet. They drive just like a car. All have a good sound system with a subwoofer. The trunk completlely seals shut and could be used as a cooler b/c it has a drain plug in the bottom. All around good truck.

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts