Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Ford said:
uhhh IFS offroad = POS. Solid Axles would be so much better its unreal.
actually baja racers are ifs. solid axles are better for rocks/mud at low speed. but at the super high speed baja races ifs is better.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Honda has v8 engines...they are just in F1 cars and not any product vehicle. I wouldn't trust the ridgeline to haul anything. excpet maybe jet skis or a really small boat

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well i sincerly doubted that anyone planned on taking that offroad at more than a few miles per hour, at least not with some serious modding first :D

·
Registered
302 Posts
BBs99 said:
actually baja racers are ifs. solid axles are better for rocks/mud at low speed. but at the super high speed baja races ifs is better.
yup. IFS handles a lot better then a straight axle (in general), and allows for a lot more articulation. drive a truck with ifs, then drive the same exact truck (or a close one at least) with a straight axle. also, most trucks with a straight front axle have leaf springs, which tend to add to a much stiffer ride. straight axles allow for more flex, which is really good for rock crawling and mud bogging, but not usually for hauling ass, as BBs99 said.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Honda is coming out with a turbo diesel v8 for a full size pick-up and a V-8 hybrid engine for the ridgeline. Not sure when these will be release but im sure it wont be next year since 2006 models will be released very soon and i havent seen much on it other than R&D stuff from honda. And as for being in any sort of NASCAR/Craftsman series even...i dont think it will happen, the only reason that toyota is in the truck series is because they have union plant in the states. IF and when honda and the other japanese manufacturers decide to go union will be the only way theyll get into these events. I think i would be sweet but the rednecks hate it! TORA TORA TORA :bh

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
21 - 28 of 28 Posts