Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
gt4202r said:
Question is not why, it is can it be done.
simple as that.
There are very few if any stock heads (excluding motorcycle engines) in the world that can handle 10k rpm. That a good enough answer?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
spray004 said:
There are very few if any stock heads (excluding motorcycle engines) in the world that can handle 10k rpm. That a good enough answer?
not really, the jdm limit is set at 8950rpm(9000), the carcompanys usally set the limit long before selfdestruction limit.

so I still wonder can it be reved to 10.000 with out having valvefloat for sure?

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
gt4202r said:
Question is not why, it is can it be done.
simple as that.
Because you make no power in that range anyways. You are just revving for the heck of it. Have you seen a dyno plot of an engine that revs over their power range? Torque starts to drop off ridiculously at a point and you are not making any more power.

So why are you doing it on a stock head??? There is no point, even if it valve float does not occur. You'd probably need stiffer springs anyways.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
female four said:
Because you make no power in that range anyways. You are just revving for the heck of it. Have you seen a dyno plot of an engine that revs over their power range? Torque starts to drop off ridiculously at a point and you are not making any more power.

So why are you doing it on a stock head??? There is no point, even if it valve float does not occur. You'd probably need stiffer springs anyways.

Because I will be running a large turbo setup, so i really need the last 1000rpm.

when the air is forched in to the engine you can still make power up to the 10k range.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
gt4202r said:
Because I will be running a large turbo setup, so i really need the last 1000rpm.

when the air is forched in to the engine you can still make power up to the 10k range.
Really? On a stock head? What are you really doing this for anyways? Bragging rights?

Do it and get back to us.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
female four said:
Really? On a stock head? What are you really doing this for anyways? Bragging rights?

Do it and get back to us.
I just answer you, why I ask the question ... no need for beeing hostile. :mad

the question was can the stock head handle such rpm, no matter if I have power there or not.

it was you who brought up that the head wouldnt flow/engine power drop..

I just wonder if it can handle 10k without valvefloating, thats all :aww

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
gt4202r said:
I just answer you, why I ask the question ... no need for beeing hostile. :mad

the question was can the stock head handle such rpm, no matter if I have power there or not.

it was you who brought up that the head wouldnt flow/engine power drop..

I just wonder if it can handle 10k without valvefloating, thats all :aww
why didnt somebody just say no. god damn.

Reactions: forgot

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Why don't you go learn something by yourself so you won't look like a drooling idiot when you ask a question. Let me guess... because you are ~18 and would rather have somebody just tell you the answer than to do some research/calculations to figure it out for yourself?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nathan123 said:
Why don't you go learn something by yourself so you won't look like a drooling idiot when you ask a question. Let me guess... because you are ~18 and would rather have somebody just tell you the answer than to do some research/calculations to figure it out for yourself?
hmmm, try to learn by asking on this forum... but it seems that no one has the answer, becouse no one knows/or dont want to tell...

dont be sucha smart ass, telling me to learn. how the hell should I learn it? go ruin my 5k usd engine + mods and not ask, just smile and laugh "yeah now I learned, Im a moron, Now Im wise the engine cant handle 10krpm, oh yeah the valves has kissed the pistons. so lovely now Im able to spend another xxxusd Im a lucky person" becouse some morons here dont let me ask a simple question?

both you and me know that sounds more stupid than what you just say.

why cant you say "hey man Ive really dont know, I have not tried and cant answer" instead of insulting me only for a simple question with some stupid ass "go to hell answers"

I will not put up to that.

Anyone have a great knowledge of the type R engine, and want to answer please do. :eek:

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
gt4202r said:
Thanks :D, Is it possible to ask any of you a good valve/retainer setup that can handle 10k?

can _Stock oil pump flow enough pressure? or do I need to go drysump?
Why are you asking these questions. There's no point in revving to 10k...and if you are boosting then that just is a recipe for disaster.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
Both turbocharging and overrevving puts stress on the valvetrain. People think you are stupid because you clearly don't make the connection that doing both would mess up your engine. You are being unreasonably by asking a yes or no question because nobody here is stupid enough to try.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.