Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is going to hit 100,000 miles in like a week or two. I'm going to replace the timing belt, plugs, wires, clean the air filter, and change the oil and oil filter is there any thing else I should do?

· Registered
198 Posts
The timing belt should have been replaced at 60,000, if it was it should still be good for another 20,000. Don't forget to flush radiator, check the fluid levels, rotate tires, get a good lube, check the boots, check brake pads and lines, replace plugs and wires.

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperBlueSi said:
The timing belt should have been replaced at 60,000, if it was it should still be good for another 20,000. Don't forget to flush radiator, check the fluid levels, rotate tires, get a good lube, check the boots, check brake pads and lines, replace plugs and wires.
A good lube what is involved in a good lube? :confused: I have never changed the timing belt I thought they were good for over 100,000 miles.

· Registered
1,104 Posts
well your car made it this far and you have no complaints, it "SUPPOSED" to be every 60k, but its a honda...

· Registered
149 Posts
where does everyone get the 60k thing? my manual says 105, any car past year 97 is 100+k. The 60k change is under severe conditions.

· Registered
88 Posts
Good Advice !!

Hey BRO.
Mine is about to hit 200,000 in about a month. more important at this point is your tranny. The engine will go for about 120k just fine. TRANNY FLUID. Get it don now! Or you will not get much farther. But also take your time. If you care for your Civic, only use Honda parts. If you're not, you may as well be filling you crankcase with marshmellows. Don't be afraid to call your local Honda dealer and talk with the service guys. Fuel filter, timing belt, valve cover gasket, maybe you head gasket, thermostat, coolant, check your plugs, distributor cap & rotor. Clean that batch too. A clean engine is a happy engine!

· Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Good Advice !!

uncald4 said:
Hey BRO.
Mine is about to hit 200,000 in about a month. more important at this point is your tranny. The engine will go for about 120k just fine. TRANNY FLUID. Get it don now! Or you will not get much farther.
I thought that automatic transmissions had fluid. I have a five speed. I don't think I can add fluid to that can I?? :confused:

· Registered
23 Posts
yes, manual transmissions have fluid in them also. Go to the dealer and buy the Honda MTF along with changin your plugs, wires, oil, oil and fuel filter. Check your coolant, if it's not translucent green the flush it, don't just drain and refill it. Also check your CV boots, and ball joints. and don't worry about lubricating the chassis, you can't, it's sealed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.