Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did a swap into a 93cx. jdm b18c. first off it idles at 100rpm and then if you give it gas it cuts off immediatly. does anybody have any idea what could be wrong? i mean it will idle by itself but at 100 for a while.

·
Premium Member
9,293 Posts
This may be a dumb question, but did you try to adjust it? Also are you running all stock internals? Where did you get the motor from, has it not ran in a while?

·
Registered
218 Posts
correct me if im wrong.. but on the cluster isnt the first dash on it 500rpms? How can it be idling so low, and how can you read it that low.... I might be wrong.. but if you look carefully.. riiiight after the needle rests on the pin is a dash which i htink indicates 500 rpms, because it's not accurate below there nor is it normal to be down there.. you might be idling around 550-600 rpms...

·
Registered
896 Posts
my car idle's this low too, it runs. but will some times cut off if i press the gas too soon....

before my car is a normal temp. the car rpm's will bounce between 1400-1500, then when the temp gets up, it drops right down and the needle is pointing at 0.

did this before/after i changed engines... :confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts