Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious to get some oppinons on this. you can see in my sig. that im running a 75 shot now w/ no problems. my car is driven every now and then. ive had the nitrous set up 2 years and this is only my 6th time filling the bottle. i just hardly ever spray it...what can i say. *shruggs* :rolleyes
but my question is do you think a 100 shot would be ok. and im sure this is a dumb question but, can i bump it up to a 100 shot w/out a re-tune or should i wait till the re-tune?
im going to Import Face Off in Montogomery AL this Sunday. im not running bracket or anything cuase im doing the USACi SQ competition. but i am also doing the test and tune, and would love to put this coupe in the 12s.
so with that said.....help me out fellas. :)
thanks in advance.

-Evan

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
I dont see a reason why it wouldnt take the 100 shot..are those crowers nitrous cams or a set of all motor cams? The reason I ask is that if they are all motor cams..you are losing a lot of power because of the amount of overlap the cams have..so you arnt getting the most bang for your buck out of the bottle. You will need to back the timing down a bit mroe..but thats easy enough

Reactions: killer B

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok, good info. yes the cams are all motor cams. the nitrous was an after thought. do i just need to retard 1 degree? when my car was last tuned, (and forgive me, im no mechanic) it was tuned w/ a "allmotor" setting, and a "nitrous" setting.
i was told the timming wasnt an issue. but i've heard that the higher the shot, the more timming is an issue.

· Premium Member
23,755 Posts
ok, good info. yes the cams are all motor cams. the nitrous was an after thought. do i just need to retard 1 degree? when my car was last tuned, (and forgive me, im no mechanic) it was tuned w/ a "allmotor" setting, and a "nitrous" setting.
i was told the timming wasnt an issue. but i've heard that the higher the shot, the more timming is an issue.
Tuned with both settings? I dont have any experience with chrome so I dont know anything about it...But that jsut strikes me as odd...You need to get that clarified.

Timing is a big issue with nitrous..especially if you are normally running all motor because you generally advance your timing. I would retard another degree for the bottle just to be safe. The general rule of thumb is 2 degrees for every 50 shot.

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tuned with both settings? I dont have any experience with chrome so I dont know anything about it...But that jsut strikes me as odd...You need to get that clarified.

Timing is a big issue with nitrous..especially if you are normally running all motor because you generally advance your timing. I would retard another degree for the bottle just to be safe. The general rule of thumb is 2 degrees for every 50 shot.

ok, will do. im about to change over to Hondata. i havent been happy with Crome Pro. im not going to run the 100 shot this sunday...just to play it safe. im going to wait till i get ready for a retune.

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
those 13.6's suck, don't they evan?
i dont think its that bad considering its fully dynomated w/ a system. and its just B20 cammed and sprayed. but 12s sounds so much better than 13s. :rolleyes

so what are you running in the 1320 Ryan? :D

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ran [email protected] at only 75 shot zex wet kit. car is 88 crx lsv, b18b .50 over pr4 piston, arp rod bolt and head stud, stock b16a head, skunk2 im,cam gear, untune p72 ecu. the only i have is apexi neo......
not bad at all.

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

· Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Track sucked. I could only get a 12.67 and 1.81 60'

no doubt. i couldnt get my car out of the whole for shit. my
60's were horrible! 2.25/2.45. but i would make up ground on the top end. buy next fall ill see 12s. chalk it up.
12.6...thats not bad at all. you say that like its a bad thing. :D thats pretty strong if you ask me.
my car is started off as an audio car. the motorswap came afterwards...and then snowballed from there. my car (like it says in my sig) is fully dynomated w/ a system, full interior (w/the exception of the back seat) and will run mid-low 13s all day. im happy...just not satisfied. :ninja
you should have came and said hello, ida drank a beer with ya. if you saw anybody riding a Alabama Crimson Tide cooler scooter around there......yep, that was me.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.