Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know of reputed dealer mechanic that will do the 105,000 service (timing belt, valve adjustments, spark plugs, water pump, other belts replacements etc.) and not charge an arm and a leg ? I am in NE Philly (PA)

Thanks

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
have honda do it if they quote you for less then 500 bucks. They use all OEM parts, and a warranty will cover any problems if they occur from a lazy worker

Id say find any shop that is known to work on hondas, and will do teh job for 500 or less

anyoen who quotes you over 600 bucks, just lye and say you got a quote for (their price minus 200) and then ask why they should be doing the work instead of honda

some shops will reduce the price to get your business. for that job, its only gonna be a maximum of 3 hours

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi,

Thanks for the response. I called my local Honda dealer (Mike Piazza) - he told me he would do just the timing belt and water pump only for 800.

I will try calling up again to see if he will reduce the rpice and include other stuff.

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
yeah, 800 bucks seems WAY high for a simple job like a timing belt and water pump. the job is easy, it simply takes a bit of time. if they try to get you with "but its intensive and hard" tell them they need to do it for a lower price or you will take your business elsewhere

jump on it if they will do it for 600 bucks

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
I know a Mercedes garage that charge £110 an hour!! Just imagine a days labour!

The fella Whose does our mapping has i sign in his work shop that says
Labour charges. .
£45 for us to diagnose
£75 for you to watch us
£100 if you broke it and try to hide it
£150 if you want to tell us how to fix it
Makes me smile everytime :hehe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.