Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anybody used 11mm. spark plug wires on a d series engine? if so , how does it perform?

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've read that stock ignition components on the d-series engine are fine for all applications.

I've got 9.3mm wires and I really couldn't tell the difference other than the color in my engine bay.

11mm seems like a waste of money.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
contrary to popular opinion ignition upgrades done to honda motors are very much un-nessisary until you're producing just over 250 to about 300 wheel horsepower worth of pressure in your combustion chamber.
up until that point any performance increase you see from changing your plugs probably comes from replacing old and worn out plugs rather than upgrading to 11mm plugs.
spending more than 25 to 40 dollars on a set of plug wires is throwing money away.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Yep, waste of money for your application. Honda OE wires are the best!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i c

yeah, im buying a set of them for 40 bucks, so it doesnt seem to be such a bad deal. it looks good under the hood! thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
5gencivic said:
contrary to popular opinion ignition upgrades done to honda motors are very much un-nessisary until you're producing just over 250 to about 300 wheel horsepower worth of pressure in your combustion chamber.
up until that point any performance increase you see from changing your plugs probably comes from replacing old and worn out plugs rather than upgrading to 11mm plugs.
spending more than 25 to 40 dollars on a set of plug wires is throwing money away.
even so , a couple 300+ whp civics are stillrunning stock wires and plugs

1 - 6 of 6 Posts