Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a b18c. I bought 12:1 race engineering pistons, I am getting headwork done and I am also using jun type 3 cams. If anyone with this kind of set up can give any info about fuel delivery I need some help. I hear I can prolly get by on stock injectors, with an upgraded fuel pump and a fuel pressure regulator as long as I get an Apexi afc with some dyno time. Some information would be nice.

· Registered
41 Posts
look for somewhere near you that sells hondatas, near the same price as the afc but it blows it away. im running 92-96 vtec prelude injectors, they are cheap and not too big. you can find a full set at a yard for 100 but make sure you get the resistor box, a little wiring is required.

ps i have a b20 with 12+:1, itr head....basically a homemade frankenstein and the prelude injectors are plenty big.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks fellas

Hey thanks guys, hey b20zgsr, what kinda times you runnin with that set up. And how about type r injectors, I think I can get ahold of them for free or damn near. Thanks for your input, keep it coming. Oh yeah, I thought hondata was expensive as hell compared to and apexi 375 dollar afc.

· Registered
301 Posts
You WILL have fuel starvation if you have a decent header and upped redline, Type 3's and 12:1, you are asking for issues later on with stock injectors.

By going with the Prelude ones, you get a factory injector that has more flow (270 I believe over the stock 240), and ease of finding them cheap.

But as circuitsports says, check out RC for a better idea of what you might need.

And tuning is going to be key.

· Registered
264 Posts
i know a kid with a B16 motor rebuilt, with ford mustang injectors....(that is what he said he has)..never seen anyone with that setup..but i think to me it is worth a try...if you can get a hold of them for cheap.

· Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks guys

I also emailed RC Engineering to get their thoughts, we will see what they say. I am looking for some prices on some lude injectors, it's only 24 bucks per injector to have them cleaned balanced and blueprinted from RC. Sweet titties. Anything else about the swap in general you can give me is cool too, (it's going in a del sol) I am always looking for helpful hints and what not.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.