god i hate you. :D

·
Registered
33,541 Posts
sweet, now hurry up and give us some numbers

·
·Àdministrator·
1,238 Posts
What's your elvation and what kind of fuel are you gonna use? Guessing something like 96 Octane and up?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JDM_Honda said:
What's your elvation and what kind of fuel are you gonna use? Guessing something like 96 Octane and up?
hm..elevation..i think it's about 700ft above sea level. And for fuel yes, i'll be doing a mixture of 75% 93octane and 25% 114octane toluene (thanks to Marcin of SOHChonda.com) for an oct. rating of 98.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Nice lookin block man! :clap Do you have any pictures of the head? Also where are you getting the 114 octane toluene from?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rec329 said:
Nice lookin block man! :clap Do you have any pictures of the head? Also where are you getting the 114 octane toluene from?

the head is not quite finished yet, parts are still being ordered. I'm getting it from a local paint shop, it's not the cheapest out there($5.50/gal..OUCH!!) but it should work for now, unless i do some timing retard. 8) Here's the link i got from a buddy, it might help you guys out also 8)

http://www.elektro.com/~audi/toluene/

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
looks sweet. hopefully you'll put down some decent power. good luck with the new setup.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Looks great! $1000.00, DAM! I wouldn't think all those parts new from honda would be that much.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
guest said:
Looks great! $1000.00, DAM! I wouldn't think all those parts new from honda would be that much.
yep, also looks like i wont be able to use stock head as it will most likely be trouble. So gonna have to invest in probably another $600+ for head job...i'll keep it updated though! 8)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
iLLeFFeKt CiViC said:
looks sweet. hopefully you'll put down some decent power. good luck with the new setup.
thanks buddy, hoping to produce at least 150whp with everything done and working! 8)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dude, major rep. for you building a NA D motor. And using high compression to boot. Please let use know how it turns out. Id really like to know. BTW what kind of pistons did you use? And do you plan on running pump gas? I would like to know if this is possible with out losing to much timing. I would think you should be able to, since the alum. head makes it act like its about 1.5 lower compression. :tu :tu :tu .

Mopar Matt

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
J.O.A.T said:
Dude, major rep. for you building a NA D motor. And using high compression to boot. Please let use know how it turns out. Id really like to know. BTW what kind of pistons did you use? And do you plan on running pump gas? I would like to know if this is possible with out losing to much timing. I would think you should be able to, since the alum. head makes it act like its about 1.5 lower compression. :tu :tu :tu .

Mopar Matt
Thanks buddy! I used 88-89 Integra ZC pistons(p29/pm7). As far as pump gas, if i keep the compression ratio at 12:7:1, just using pump gas will cause too much pinging and detonation. I'd have to retard SO much that it would just become unreliable and weak. Right now i'm trying to get a thicker headgasket to lower the compression ratio down to at least 11.5:1 where it'll be more manageable until i get myself aquainted with a p28 and uberdata. A z6 head would lower the compression, but the y8 actually raises it ALOT...so i do have a spare z6 head here the might have a bullfrog cam, so i'll get back to you guys on what happens! 8)

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Dont forget that your alum. head is helping fight pinging. So if your at 12.7:1, the alum. head is really make it run like 11.2:1 (round about). The alum. disapaits the heat really well. So it should'nt be to bad. Well any ways let us know how it turns out.

Thanks, Matt

·
Registered
624 Posts
J.O.A.T said:
Dont forget that your alum. head is helping fight pinging. So if your at 12.7:1, the alum. head is really make it run like 11.2:1 (round about). The alum. disapaits the heat really well. So it should'nt be to bad. Well any ways let us know how it turns out.

Thanks, Matt
I didn't know that... I was afraid to go over 11:1, but if I can go higher, I will. :)

1 - 20 of 62 Posts