Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
J.O.A.T said:
Thanks. Id be willing to pay that. Im going to give them a call tomarrow. Can anyone thorw up the different ratio #s for the y7,y8, and d15 trannys. Rep for who ever does it.

Thanks,
Matt
here you go bro:
92-95
88-02

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
fsufan814 said:
hows the build coming? sorry if im bringing this back from the dead but im curious
the build was completed quite some time ago, i just never installed it...too afraid!! hehe so i tore it down and found myself another d16 block and rebuilt that instead with pm6 pistons. The high compression block is still here under construction along with those p29 pistons. I plan to rebuild that at the end of may with some Hondata. My current motor is going to be subjected to BOOST! I'll let you all know what happens! 8)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
honda harley said:
im building up a b and im going 12.5:1 and shaving down the head so ill be around the same and ill be spraying threw a plate system with a shot of 200-250 so ill be hittin 11s on slicks, good luck and take care :D
ouch!! i hope you're running at least 100octane!! let us know how it goes! 8)

·
Registered
88 Posts
I dig this totally

Mad Props man...

I am going to do something similar with my 2k1 civic.
It's going to be kinda expensive though....

Import Tuning is an expensive habit :(

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
hey maybe you can help me out. i have a zc block (sohc) and a y8 head. im keeping the stock crank and getting it micro polished and balanced but i want to get forged pistons and rods, i want to bump the comp ratio around the same as your cuz im doing nitrous .. where can i find rods and pistons for the zc.. and im boring it over like 30mm over or somthin not sure yet. give me some ideas and let me know what im best off doing with that. thanks :btu

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
honda harley said:
hey maybe you can help me out. i have a zc block (sohc) and a y8 head. im keeping the stock crank and getting it micro polished and balanced but i want to get forged pistons and rods, i want to bump the comp ratio around the same as your cuz im doing nitrous .. where can i find rods and pistons for the zc.. and im boring it over like 30mm over or somthin not sure yet. give me some ideas and let me know what im best off doing with that. thanks :btu
Sups! I'll try my best.

Head:
Now is the time to send the head in for a head job. Port and polish is a must as that will net you more hp, not just peak hp but overall. New valvesprings and retainers (you can use stock keepers) are also required as well as a more aggressive cam(i'm going to use Crower Stg. 3s). 3 or 5 angle vavle jobs will help air enter and leave the ports in a much smoother fashion. New valve guides and seals since you're replacing everything else anyway. ARP headbolts are a must. The place? I say www.exospeed.com (their site is down now...). Cost? anywere from $700-$1500.

Block:
75.50mm (that's boring it .020in or .50mm) and get it ball honed. what you're doing to the crank is good enough. Forged pistons and rods are not needed. Reuse your stock rods and at least get them shotpeened and if possible cryogenically frozen, trust me they get a lot stronger!! From bitch to bull baby!! If you plan on spinning faster than 7500rpm(which i think you will..) time to upgrade rod bolts to ARPs. It's also a good time to replace all seals in your block. As for bearings, i personally trust Kteller's ACL bearings. OEM will do fine also. Replace everything!! Don't take a shortcut and reuse something, in the end it might cost you a rebuild. Cost? $800-$1000

Pistons:
D16A1 P29 pistons OR JDM DOHC ZC PM7 pistons. Make sure you grab the oversized pistons, 75.50mm. I use Hastings King piston rings.

MISC:
Try to keep the compression 12:1 and below. You can go higher, but 12s and below is more doable. A thicker headgasket will help lower c/r. Get a z6/y8 transmission and if you've got the $$ a SRR 4.7/4.9 FD and Quaife or OBX LSD and you're set.

Tuning:
Hondata, AEM EMS, Uberdata, CROME, any of those will do, you just need a good tuner. Get a nice transmission, preferably 96-00 ex trannies for their stronger shift forks. SRR 4.7/4.9 FD and LSD and you're set for circuit racing. Whew...i think i might've over did it...oh well if you have anymore ?'s hit me up bro! 8)

ps. sorry for the late reply, i kinda forgot about it till now when i checked my mail..8)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
parr`sh said:
Mad Props man...

I am going to do something similar with my 2k1 civic.
It's going to be kinda expensive though....

Import Tuning is an expensive habit :(
thanks! tight!! i'd like to see some d17 powa!! 8)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN...it HAS BEGUN!! Project revived as of 09/07/2005..i'll post updates when the head is finsihed and then i'll do my "DIY d16 rebuild, nOOb style.." 8)

·
Registered
13 Posts
J.O.A.T said:
Thanks. Id be willing to pay that. Im going to give them a call tomarrow. Can anyone thorw up the different ratio #s for the y7,y8, and d15 trannys. Rep for who ever does it.

Thanks,
Matt
My Concerto (d15b2) has following ratios :

1st 3.250
2nd 1.894
3rd 1.259
4th 0.937
5th 0.771
Reverse 3.153
Final 4.437

I've never seen them elsewhere.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts